• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Stages?

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
What do YOU think is the best stage in smash bros 3ds? And what stage do you wish was put in 3ds? (your favorite stage not put in in other words)

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Best stage: Yoshi's Island.
Stage I wish was there: Either Kongo Jungle 64 or Hyrule Castle 64

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
I was Hoping for either flatzone (melee) or sector z as a corneria alternate. I agree on the Hyrule Castle 64, but I would have liked the Project M version because it is a really good HD remake. But even though I like the brawl battlefield on the 3ds, I would like the Melee battlefield way better.

Last edited:

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
anyone who doesnt play on Final Destination is pretty dumb so obviously Final Destination

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
I haven't played too much Melee/Brawl/PM, so I can't really tell about the stages from these games ://

Isn't Corneria just a smaller Sector Z? It would have been nice to have the full version, but that's something at least.

About the Hyrule Castle, I wouldn't want the original one, but a very similar, new, HD-remake would have been cool.

I might be a bit biased because of the nostalgia I feel towards 64, but Kongo Jungle 64 is by far my favorite stage of the smash series. It's less competitively viable than other stages (still legal however), but I would have loved if it was on 3DS. It's still on Wii U though, so that's nice.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
Sector Z is a bigger cornaria in the N64 Version. But all stages I like in the 3ds version are only Omega form BnW Lock, I even want Melee's Final destination and I forgot to mention that.

DarkJosh

Smash Cadet
If its Omega stage, then Magnificent. Love that music
For normal, Gaur Plains. Good music, and creative layout

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
The music and background of WarioWare inc are great, but it's all zoomed out, so when you're used to the camera of the other stages it's pretty ****ed up.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
To be honest, the 8-Bit F-Zero stage hurts my eyes. I try to avoid it if I can ._.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
There's a couple of things I don't like with Mute City:

1. There's no lower blast zone, it's kind of like the acid on Brinstar, Spirit Train, or Planet Zebes, and it's close to the platforms too.
2. The cars change a lot, but the pattern is either random, or harder to memorize than the other stages that change. I'm not too sure.
3. Sometimes, the cars appear and disappear really fast.
4. The background is composed of a grid-like type of.. thing. To me it looks like it's glitching and I find it weird.
5. The background changes a lot. This is more apparent on the omega version of the stage. With every stage that does so (especially the Mario Circuit one in the Wii U version), it's harder for me to concentrate on the actual match.

The omega version doesn't have the problems of point 1 -> 3, so I prefer it over the normal stage. The music is cool though, and I think the background is something that you can learn to enjoy, but you have to develop that taste.

Forgot to mention: the platfrom of the omega version looks pretty sick, I really like it.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
There's a couple of things I don't like with Mute City:

1. There's no lower blast zone, it's kind of like the acid on Brinstar, Spirit Train, or Planet Zebes, and it's close to the platforms too.
2. The cars change a lot, but the pattern is either random, or harder to memorize than the other stages that change. I'm not too sure.
3. Sometimes, the cars appear and disappear really fast.
4. The background is composed of a grid-like type of.. thing. To me it looks like it's glitching and I find it weird.
5. The background changes a lot. This is more apparent on the omega version of the stage. With every stage that does so (especially the Mario Circuit one in the Wii U version), it's harder for me to concentrate on the actual match.

The omega version doesn't have the problems of point 1 -> 3, so I prefer it over the normal stage. The music is cool though, and I think the background is something that you can learn to enjoy, but you have to develop that taste.
Never thought of that in more detail... But you are right. The stage is based on the GBA FZero, and I like the design... but mabye a different layout WILL be nice?

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Favorite: Battlefield
My Wish: Dreamland 64
Oh yes :3
Dream Land is kinda the ancestor of Battlefield because they are so similar, but they FEEL different. And it had arguably the best music out of any stage from any version of smash.

Miss the Isai Pikachu on Dream Land.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Oh yes :3
Dream Land is kinda the ancestor of Battlefield because they are so similar, but they FEEL different. And it had arguably the best music out of any stage from any version of smash.

Miss the Isai Pikachu on Dream Land.
It feels different because there is a wind hazard in the stage, AND that it's Dream Land. Otherwise, it would feel like a battlefield copy. Dreamland music is my 5th favorite ssb busic overall.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
It feels different because there is a wind hazard in the stage, AND that it's Dream Land. Otherwise, it would feel like a battlefield copy. Dreamland music is my 5th favorite ssb busic overall.
True. The wind hazard is kind of annoying though (like the Paper Mario stage but less disturbing). What I meant is that the simple background change and the look of the platforms/stage being different is enough for the stage to feel like a different one. Kind of how you don't feel like you're playing on FD on omega stages, even if it's the same.

I don't know if it's a Battlefield copy otherwise. Are the platforms exaclty like Battlefield? It's tough to compare because they are from different games (I'm talking 64 Dream Land and 3DS Battlefield here), but are the platforms the same height and everything?

And just curious, what would be the other 4 musics :p ?

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
I actually miss Fountain of Dreams, and not just for the awesome music. As for my favorite stage, I'd say it's a toss up for Dreamland and Boxing Arena. I like them conceptually, and how they represent their respective original games.

That and that Punch Out! sound track.... just damn.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
True. The wind hazard is kind of annoying though (like the Paper Mario stage but less disturbing). What I meant is that the simple background change and the look of the platforms/stage being different is enough for the stage to feel like a different one. Kind of how you don't feel like you're playing on FD on omega stages, even if it's the same.

I don't know if it's a Battlefield copy otherwise. Are the platforms exaclty like Battlefield? It's tough to compare because they are from different games (I'm talking 64 Dream Land and 3DS Battlefield here), but are the platforms the same height and everything?

And just curious, what would be the other 4 musics :p ?
4: NES Remx 2 theme 3: An obstacle in our path 2: Gaur Plain 1: Xenoblade Medley

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
My favorite 3DS stage has to be Magicant. Love its design, and the music as well. Honorable mentions go to Unova League and Pac-Maze, as they're pretty awesome IMO as well!

channy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0361-7311-8485
Final Destination and Magicant are my favorites so far.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Favorite: Pac Maze.

Stages I wish were in: Peach's Castle, I think that stage would look really good with the 3D on.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
My 3 favorites are Battlefield, Gerudo Valley and Wily Castle. My mains, Ganon and Mega Man, are both great on Battlefield, plus I've always liked the stage. The other two correspond with their respective games, they've also got awesome music.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
I have 3 Favorites: Arena Ferox, Tortimer Island, and Magicant.

Arena Ferox because I love how the arena changes from time to time and the music that plays (Fire Emblem OP)
Tortimer Island because of how colorful it looks.
Finally Magicant, because pink is power :)

One stage I would want in the 3DS version of the game would have to be Pirate Ship from Brawl because it's my Main's stage and it looked the most coolest to me x) I find Spirit Train okay in the 3DS version of Smash but I wished there was more Zelda levels (favorite series).

Pepto_Bismol

Smash Rookie
Favorite stage would have to be Magicant, hands down. I'd take Fountain of Dreams over Dream Land for 3ds anyday.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Favorites: Omega Rainbow Road, Tomodachi Life, Corneria, Battlefield, Brinstar

Most wanted: Hyrule Castle, Fountain of Dreams.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
favorite stage is Arena Ferox and My most wanted stage would have to be Hyrule Castle.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorite stage is Arena Ferox, hands down.
My most wanted stage would have to be Hyrule Castle.

Top Bottom