• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Smasher?

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Who is your personal favorite player to watch on stream, youtube. etc...?

Personally, I 've always enjoyed watching Azen play, whether it be melee or PM. I just find it ridiculous how someone can take vacations from smash, and then return and still bring the hurt on pro players.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I didn't even know he played PM.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
For PM, Prof's Snake. gahlike.
Melee, ether Hax or Westballz.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Prof's Snake is AMAZING I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!
In Melee Silent Wolf, Hax, Mango and Westballz

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Do you think that eventually the game just evolved past Ken which explains why more players can beat him now? (I mean no disrespect to Ken) Jw your thoughts.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
Do you think that eventually the game just evolved past Ken which explains why more players can beat him now? (I mean no disrespect to Ken) Jw your thoughts.
The way I look at it is like this, man. I think Ken just stopped caring as much. I think he realized that his time on the throne was up and decided to give himself a break from all the hate and the crowds, man. Now the metagame has evolved to a point where everyone has reached Ken's power-level when he was in his prime.

Foo

Smash Lord
I think it's a bit of both factors. I think he would do much better if he were in his prime today, but I don't think he'd be a god if he rose to his prime at the same time as players like mango.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
sethlon's my favorite. he has the craziest comebacks. oracle's a real close second, just for his style and swag factors, though.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Vist and Abate are pretty fun for me. I love watching Luigi play with all that butter on the stage.
Mango, Pink Fresh, Sethlon too. Oh and HBox. =3

Reaca

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reaca1461
Overall, my favorite is M2K. I love how precise his playing is and how hype I can get while watching. Strictly speaking about PM, though, I'd go with Sethlon because Roy's my boy.

Keman

Smash Apprentice
What is up with everyone having trouble spelling Gallo? I don't think a single one of you spelt his name right -_-

I know you all were trying to type his name as your fav to watch and yes mine is Gallo as is everyone's ever.

Vortex 4

Smash Cadet
When it comes to PM, I love watching JewChains.
Mostly because he's a fellow Squirtle main, and I learn a lot of what to do/not do from watching his matches.

When it comes to Melee it's a tie between Armada (because I've mained Peach since 2002, and he's the one who proved how awesome she is) and Amsa (because a killer Yoshi is sick!)

I guess you can see a trend of liking Smashers who play underrated characters and surprise everyone.

Personally I don't follow 64, Brawl, or Sm4sh; so I can't comment on that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My favorite Project M player is Sethlon, but Lunchables, Professor Pro, Oracle, Wizzrobe, metroid, and so many other names come very close.

My favorite Melee player is without a doubt Mango. There's too many close seconds to list, but other past #1 favorites of mine have been DieSuperFly, ChuDat, Isai, PC Chris, Darkrain, and SFAT.

Side note to this, but I really loved that Professor Pro vs. Mango match up. It was a dream match up: Melee Fox vs. Snake in Brawl redesigned in Project M to be faster. It really was the kind of magic you want to see in Smash.
The way I look at it is like this, man. I think Ken just stopped caring as much. I think he realized that his time on the throne was up and decided to give himself a break from all the hate and the crowds, man. Now the metagame has evolved to a point where everyone has reached Ken's power-level when he was in his prime.
It's not that Ken doesn't care, it's that back in the day no one knew how to train, and now everyone does. He stepped his game up big time from back in 2002 to 2007 when he was "The King of Smash", and he would 8 stock 2007 Ken in a 3 stock match, but everyone is so much better. The fact he beat Fly Amanita in a set a year ago goes to show you he's still pretty freaking great. If anything Ken cares more. The problem is so does everyone else.

He's still freaking great by the way. His only real problem is that he never had great tech skill and still doesn't, he relies on side B too much (which is a move that either looks really good or really bad; it really should be saved more to look really good).

Ken can compete in a at least close match up with anyone outside of the top 8 or so, but against those top 6 (Mango, PPMD, Armada, Leffen, HBox, and M2K) he just doesn't have what it takes to compete with them routinely yet. They can all easily "figure him out," just like how they can with dang near everyone outside of the top 20 or so in the world.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
When it comes to Smash in general I love watching Sethlon, thought it appears seeing him off of PM streams is rare.

Top Bottom