• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Pikmin Lineup?

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
The best three pikmin to have out is obviously very situational but I was curious to hear if there was a particular combination that you guys leaned towards?

Personally I like a white, yellow and purple, white for damage/throwing the opponent off, purple for damage and killing obvs/recovering or gimping or interrupting approaches with piktoss, and yellow for spacing and combos and because I find their electricity immunity to be the most useful. Also because with those 3 I have all very different pikmin tosses which can throw the opponent off a lot.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Purple, purple, and blue. I like the ability to press stage advantage with 2 purples, while having a blue throw to maximize throw damage and kill potential. It all set's up pretty well, and you're almost always getting the most damage off of combos.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Like you said, pikmin order is situational and there isn't a one-size-fits-all trio of pikmin. But I do like Myran's purple->purple->blue order for the same reasons he said.

Another one that I find works well is red->purple->blue/purple on fastfalling characters or against players that I can notice patterns in DI or how they try to escape from dthrow combos. Because reds have the weakest throws, their dthrow can set up for a purple uair or bair (again depending on DI and whether or not they jump/airdodge immediately and depending on character). The extra blue would be to get direct kill throws and the extra purple would be just because double purple is a wonderful thing (getting a second aerial if you miss the first, side-b hitbox, or just getting early kills if you get a read).

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
At kill %:
blue - purple - blue
They can't know if you are going to smash or grab. Even when blue doesn't hurt with smash, there is a good chance.

Wrecking up damage:
white - purple - anything
White of course, purple for pressure and anything else to cover their landing / approach.

Recovering:
white - purple - yellow
White for annoying latched on, purple for extra defense by throwing near the edge and yellow if I need to release the ledge and Uair from the bottom or, release and get up with a Fair.

As we can see, it's like mandatory to have a purple. It's so magnificent how 2 purples can destroy your enemy's morale *¬*.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Low percents I like Blue-Blue-White. While at higher percents I switch out for Blue-Blue-Purple.

Top Bottom