• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Piece of Obscure Tech?

Pretzl

Smash Rookie
Heya guys, just wondering what are your favorite techniques that you love to perform w/ the blue bird that other people rarely do? This thread was inspired by PPMD's crazy double lasers from the platform we saw at APEX 2015.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Heya guys, just wondering what are your favorite techniques that you love to perform w/ the blue bird that other people rarely do? This thread was inspired by PPMD's crazy double lasers from the platform we saw at APEX 2015.
Hmm, I'd say invisible shines are really funny and stylish (but SOOOOO hard)

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I know you can slide off the edge during your jumpsquat. Now what if you turned around in your shine, and then used the jumpsquat to fall off the stage? I saw this in dark's combo video, "perfect dark." Looks extremely hard.

Last edited:

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Idk the exact turn for it but shine turnaround ledge jump cancel edgehog. during a run, shine turnaround as you go off the ledge. if you are in the correct position, when you press jump, instead of doublejumping, you will instead cancel your jump and fall pretty fast and grab the ledge. more useful for fox, but this is a pretty quick way to grab the ledge even though its pretty hard to do.

Nostaljik22

Smash Rookie
Well, this is one technique that I just discovered (it also works with Fox). When using your side-special attack, if you press B VERY rapidly (like, ultra fast) before the actual attack commences, the move will either be shortened or cancelled. This is great if you want to keep from falling off the edge.

TheRealAlbert

Smash Cadet
Double wall bounce on final destination, drop down wall bounce on Yoshi's without using a jump, short hopping from middle plat to top plat (usually can't do this) on Yoshi's by doing a dair at peak of jump.

Top Bottom