• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Favorite omega stages?

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
Do any of you have a favorite omega stage? What makes that stage your favorite?

For example, if I pick an omega stage myself, I usually use Wily Castle for its platform length and its walls. Any thoughts?

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
Palutenas Temple is best omega stage.
The background isn't as irritating like FD, it has great music and the ledges are very nice.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
It's difficult to choose only one stage, I have many omegas I really like. If I had to choose one I'd go with Gaur Plains. I mean... Xenoblade music, c'mon!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Out of all of them, it's either a toss between the Fire Emblem Colosseum or Xenoblade stage. The soundtrack in the Xenoblade stage is REALLY good and for Fire Emblem, just Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Just that alone makes me play on that often too. There's also Suzaku Castle too since it's just well... cool.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
My picks in no order:

- Kongo Jungle 64: Really neat background and tons of nostalgia.

- Pirate Ship: I love how the Omega version of this stage is flipped. You now stand on what was the background of the normal stage with what was the foreground normal stage in the background. Such a cool concept!

- Dreamland 64: Nostalgia

- Peach's Castle 64: Nostalgia.

- Great Cave Offensive: Really great music and beautiful scenery.

There are more but these are the ones that come to to mind immediately.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I don't give the omega stages much thought beyond aesthetics, so my favorites based mainly on how they look are:

Boxing Ring (This one has the most competitive spirit to me - I wish this were the go to for tournaments)
Mario Circuit - Brawl
Super Mario Maker
Hyrule Castle 64
Suzaku Castle
Gaur Plains (my go to for "anime battles")
Pac-Land

Basically I prefer stages that look unique in omega mode compared to their regular counterparts. When I'm on a stage like Dream Land 64 omega or Kalos omega or even Wily Castle omega I just think about "why are the platforms gone?"

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I think my favorites are Jungle Hijinxs and Great Cave Offensive for their looks. Even though I don't own it, the Pirate Ship omega stage looks pretty cool in all the videos I've seen of it.

I like Castle Siege for the sweet music, and the setting, but I hate how offstage on the right, your view gets obscured by a wall of some sort.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like I need to make a list for this one:

Mario Galaxy: I'm a fan of the space background and the music (always have the Bowser's Inside Story final boss track set to max because it captures the sense of a cosmic battle).

Kalos Pokemon League: Yes, it uses the same main platform from the normal version, but I'm just a fan of both versions overall because of the ballroom setting complete with the excellent music options (one of which reminds of Professor Layton).

Coliseum: It still captures the Coliseum feel even without the walkouts, and compared to Arena Ferox, it feels much more alive. It's another stage that I like the music for.

Palutena's Temple: Because it's layout is just like the real Final Destination, and it has one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Boxing Ring: Again, still captures the same feel like its normal version but without the walk-offs, and has some great music.

Gaur Plains: Not a fan of the normal version because of the gap in the middle (though I'm aware they were trying to recreate the canyon feel), but I love the Omega version. The layout feels very similar to the real Final Destination with the only difference being the thin pillar in the middle, and yet again, it has some great music.

Pirate Ship: Easily my favorite Omega stage. I absolutely love how the stage completely stages from the ship to the tower. Fighting on the tower feels like a lot of fun to be honest, and my favorite detail is that the original Pirate Ship appears in the background from time to time (and when I mean the original, I'm talking about the one straight from Windwaker, not the redesigned one we got in Smash). I was also surprised at first that the main "pole" is actually behind the main stage so that you can easily jump underneath, but I liked that since it felt more playable for a competitive setting.

Suzaku Castle: My second favorite Omega stage. Not a big fan of the normal version because it feels rater unplayable with half of the stage having little platforms while the other half involving a walkoff. The Omega version feels like you are actually fighting in a Street Fighter match. Even the layout is pretty similar to the real Final Destination minus the fact that it is walled at around the bottom end. And yet again, I like playing this stage for the music (particularly the Ryu themes).

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Gaur Plains. It's not boxy and doesn't have any weird jank. The background is pleasant and the variety of music is decent.

Top Bottom