• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Newcomer so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
Sakurai has surprised us time and time again with fan favorite characters joining the battle. So out of all of them, which is your favorite newcomer? :drflip:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:4robinf:

Completely serious. Up until today I wasn't really stoked for anybody.

Before today I guess I'd say :4greninja:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Robin, easily. As much as I've been looking forward to this game, there was no newcomer who really wow'd me personally or that I just needed to get my hands on. Changes to characters like Ike and Olimar excited me more than newcomers before Robin actually, but now...

Well let's just say I REALLY wish Robin would've been shown prior to E3.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
Robin, easily. As much as I've been looking forward to this game, there was no newcomer who really wow'd me personally or that I just needed to get my hands on. Changes to characters like Ike and Olimar excited me more than newcomers before Robin actually, but now...

Well let's just say I REALLY wish Robin would've been shown prior to E3.
I understand what you guys mean! When i saw Lucina, i exploded from hype! :4lucina:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The only character that would outdo my Robin hype would be Paper Mario.

So, uhh, Sakurai. Do the thing please.

Confirm Lucas and Ivysaur in his trailer too

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
The only character that would outdo my Robin hype would be Paper Mario.

So, uhh, Sakurai. Do the thing please.

Confirm Lucas and Ivysaur in his trailer too
I want something Paper Mario related, whether a stage, or assist trophy. I really love Paper Mario ( Especially TTYD)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Shulk would change it for me. And honestly? Unless he looks like he'd play more uniquely than Robin (which I'm totally confident he could, it's just a matter of would he) I might still be more hyped for Robin leading up to launch.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
It's still Pac-Man for me, and then Villager. I will most likely main one of those two.

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Rosalina, Mii swordsmen, waiting on Shulk! And I really like Robin moveset he may be the first FE rep I like lol.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I know some will contest this, but I remain adamant that the :4wiifit:WII FIT TRAINER:4wiifit: is the best Newcomer that is and ever was.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Greninja obviously. I mean, he's a freaking ninja frog who shoots water shurikens and who also happens to be my favorite Kalos pokémon! How could I resist?

Does that sentence even makes sense? Idk.

Last edited:

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
I believe my favorite newcomer is a tie between the Mii Fighters (Brawler) and Lucina! I already have a Hank Hill Mii ready for battle! :4mii: :4lucina:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Robin, pretty much for the reasons that @ DaDavid DaDavid stated. Megaman was hype, but Robin blew me away and like him, I was mostly excited over changes to existing characters until Robin's reveal.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Little Mac and Pac-Man. I've wanted those two to be in Smash for the longest time. The only way the newcomer roster can get better for me is if Isaac and Dixie Kong are in it too.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
It's a tie between :4littlemac:and :4robinm: for me. Villager is not far behind either. The only character I can see making me more hyped is if they somehow put Phoenix Wright, Paper Mario, or King K. Rool in. Sadly all of those are very unlikely except maybe paper mario.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
I can't think of anymore newcomers i want in, im pretty satisfied.:drflip: Now i just have to wait for Ness and Mewtwo.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man's my second favorite newcomer, because I clearly remember playing Samus in Smash 64 (for a while) exclusively because she seemed most like "Mega Man." In fact I think that's what me and my cousins had nicknamed her, haha. (We were kids.)

So to finally have Mega Man actually in a Smash game is pretty fantastic.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Still Pac-Man. :p

Edit: Can't forget Greninja either.

Last edited:

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Everyone who isnt FE or WTF trainer. At least we got Megaman and Pac-man, so I guess that balances the quality of newcomers

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Least Favorite to Most Favorite:

:4lucina: (Clone)

Everyone Else

:4robinm:(Awesome and Unique)

Bandana Dee when he is announced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.