• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Mii Moves/Movesets?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Which ones do you use? Do you go offense? Utility? Do you think there's a single best moveset for each type of Mii fighter?

I mostly use Brawler, and it's the one I tend to second guess my moves on the most. His poor recovery is a major shortcoming, and I understand that both Burning Dropkick and Feint Jump can be helpful in extending that, but for the life of me I just can't seem to get into the practice of using them effectively. I often hear Soaring Axe Kick cited as the best up special in his kit, as it gets some vertical height and can edgeguard a bit, but I've ended up getting a lot of KO's with the uppercut up near the blast zone. My current set is:

:ultbrawler:
Shotput - It's just too strong a projectile to pass up.
Suplex - Really not a strong move, I just like having a command grab available. Also grants me a suicide option, albeit much shorter ranged than Dorf's.
Thrust Uppercut - I find myself needing the vertical more often than Helicopter Kick's horizontal recovery.
Head On Assault - My second main is Bowser and having a move similar to his stomp is nice. Combined with the Shotput, I can do serious shield damage.

This is what I've been comfortable with, but it doesn't utilize any of his extra recovery options. I'm doing a trial run of replacing Suplex with Burning Dropkick, at the very least. I play the other Miis as well but not as seriously.

:ultswordfighter:
Gale Strike - For the combos.
Chakram - Not much option here. I'd consider Airborne Assault if I needed the extra recovery, I just wish it was still chargeable.
Hero's Spin - Combo finisher.
Blade Counter - I flip-flop between this and Reversal Slash. Still not really sure which I prefer.

:ultgunner:
Grenade Launch - I hate that I can't charge it anymore but it's still so useful at area control.
Stealth Burst - Lets me KO from afar after a game of keepaway. Flame Pillar is also excellent and I might swap out for that.
Arm Rocket - I tried Cannon Jump Kick for a while but found I just needed more distance. I might try Lunar Launch for gimping purposes.
Bomb Drop - Reflect/absorb are too situational for me. And honestly, this little bomb is my best kiting tool. It's amazing at getting someone off you. My Mii Gunner is more or less the closest I can get to Bomberman being in the game, save for the possible exception of Snake.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I pretty much only use Mii Swordfighter out of the three Miis. I agree with most of the stuff you have here, with the few disagreements being with Mii Swordfighter.

Hero's Spin is the best combo finisher for Gale Strike, but it is abysmal recovery. For that reason, I usually switch between this and Skyward Slash Dash. U-Air is a powerful move that combos from Gale Strike, with the addition of being high up when you hit the opponent, so not all is lost.

I always use Airborne Assault. IMO Mii Swordfighter doesn't need two projectiles, especially with Chakram being a lackluster projectile move considering it's end lag. Plus Airborne Assault is moderately hard to challenge and gives Mii Swordfighter multiple option for recovery. Airborne Assault is needed if you're going to use Hero's Spin.

Other than that, I agree with everything here.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Swordfighter is the one I use least, but I think I'll try swapping out to Assault after your post. I mentally compared Chakram to Link's boomerang, but even in the best of cases I barely end up using it.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Suplex is my favorite move. It just feels so satisfying to just grab your opponents and just slam them back on the ground. I mean, how could you not like to suplex people?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Suplex is my favorite move. It just feels so satisfying to just grab your opponents and just slam them back on the ground. I mean, how could you not like to suplex people?
I love the move, I just wish it was a little more practical. It doesn't really combo or finish well.

DaBigPig_YT

Smash Rookie
I pretty much only use Mii Swordfighter out of the three Miis. I agree with most of the stuff you have here, with the few disagreements being with Mii Swordfighter.

Hero's Spin is the best combo finisher for Gale Strike, but it is abysmal recovery. For that reason, I usually switch between this and Skyward Slash Dash. U-Air is a powerful move that combos from Gale Strike, with the addition of being high up when you hit the opponent, so not all is lost.

I always use Airborne Assault. IMO Mii Swordfighter doesn't need two projectiles, especially with Chakram being a lackluster projectile move considering it's end lag. Plus Airborne Assault is moderately hard to challenge and gives Mii Swordfighter multiple option for recovery. Airborne Assault is needed if you're going to use Hero's Spin.

Other than that, I agree with everything here.
Which ones do you use? Do you go offense? Utility? Do you think there's a single best moveset for each type of Mii fighter?

I mostly use Brawler, and it's the one I tend to second guess my moves on the most. His poor recovery is a major shortcoming, and I understand that both Burning Dropkick and Feint Jump can be helpful in extending that, but for the life of me I just can't seem to get into the practice of using them effectively. I often hear Soaring Axe Kick cited as the best up special in his kit, as it gets some vertical height and can edgeguard a bit, but I've ended up getting a lot of KO's with the uppercut up near the blast zone. My current set is:

:ultbrawler:
Shotput - It's just too strong a projectile to pass up.
Suplex - Really not a strong move, I just like having a command grab available. Also grants me a suicide option, albeit much shorter ranged than Dorf's.
Thrust Uppercut - I find myself needing the vertical more often than Helicopter Kick's horizontal recovery.
Head On Assault - My second main is Bowser and having a move similar to his stomp is nice. Combined with the Shotput, I can do serious shield damage.

This is what I've been comfortable with, but it doesn't utilize any of his extra recovery options. I'm doing a trial run of replacing Suplex with Burning Dropkick, at the very least. I play the other Miis as well but not as seriously.

:ultswordfighter:
Gale Strike - For the combos.
Chakram - Not much option here. I'd consider Airborne Assault if I needed the extra recovery, I just wish it was still chargeable.
Hero's Spin - Combo finisher.
Blade Counter - I flip-flop between this and Reversal Slash. Still not really sure which I prefer.

:ultgunner:
Grenade Launch - I hate that I can't charge it anymore but it's still so useful at area control.
Stealth Burst - Lets me KO from afar after a game of keepaway. Flame Pillar is also excellent and I might swap out for that.
Arm Rocket - I tried Cannon Jump Kick for a while but found I just needed more distance. I might try Lunar Launch for gimping purposes.
Bomb Drop - Reflect/absorb are too situational for me. And honestly, this little bomb is my best kiting tool. It's amazing at getting someone off you. My Mii Gunner is more or less the closest I can get to Bomberman being in the game, save for the possible exception of Snake.
I personally use gale strike to combo with hero’s spin but I heard that the shrukinof light move is a very good projectile so if you like projectile then maybe try that?

Top Bottom