• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

favorite mario player?

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
im curious to know, who are your favorite mario players ever? i just want to see what some of your influences and stuff came from and maybe i can discover some new mario players i havent heard of!

my favorites are Eggz, Green Mario, "Scorpion Master", and Boss. i love Silv's Mariotality combo videos though. they're friggety fresh.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I like Cape, KDJ (dead serious, look up his Mario on youtube), and Mango/"Scorpion Master".

Cape just plays really smart imo. I don't find him too flashy, but I get the impression he thinks out his matches more carefully than most.

The man KoreanDJ is one of the funniest and smartest players in the world. He makes any character hilariously awesome, and I find his Mario in particular very very entertaining.

And Mango/"Scorpion Master" is just on another level when it comes to spacing. His style of spacing is just totally unique and mind blowing. I feel to some extent he an KDJ actually have similar spacing strategies, or maybe that's just me. But either way they both have very interesting spacing.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
I like Cape, KDJ (dead serious, look up his Mario on youtube), and Mango/"Scorpion Master".

Cape just plays really smart imo. I don't find him too flashy, but I get the impression he thinks out his matches more carefully than most.

The man KoreanDJ is one of the funniest and smartest players in the world. He makes any character hilariously awesome, and I find his Mario in particular very very entertaining.

And Mango/"Scorpion Master" is just on another level when it comes to spacing. His style of spacing is just totally unique and mind blowing. I feel to some extent he an KDJ actually have similar spacing strategies, or maybe that's just me. But either way they both have very interesting spacing.
i've heard of Cape but never watched him, i gotta look him up!

and yes, KDJ's mario is VERY good haha i played it about 2 weeks ago! i had the lead for a while but he's just amazing at finding patterns and brought it back and two stocked me. he's good with everyone though.

same with Mango/Scorp. him and KDJ play the game with a different mindset than the average player i think, and as long as you fall for their deceiving tactics, they can beat you no matter who they use haha.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Scorp is the only mario that has ever mattered ever. This includes Doc and Luigi as well.
haha you're pretty much right. he's the only one that went the distance. hopefully one of us can be the next though! just gotta keep learning!

do you live anywhere near Massachussetts OTG? i know you're a good Doc, and i think my friend said he has played you. i wanna play you sometime! mario vs doc!

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
no soul is gay
especially if he was dumb enough to get his soul condemned
I mean, who does that?
my fav is DJ nintendo cuz I've been trying to work on mindgames lately and watching him really helped me out with that cuz I have no idea wtf he is doing if I blindly watch his matches

j3ly

Smash Champion
I am my own favourite mario, because WAVELANDING IS THE ONLY THING IN THE GAME.

Eggz's combo video and Jeremy from Pure Pwnage inspired me to play mario. And because I live in England, I can get away with playing a lower tiered char and still be amazing, respectively.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Lol at how I had to control+c his name, but M@1funk$hun is my favourite mario player.

Not cause he wavelands, cause he talks reals. Google Chrome didn't even register that word. London slang ftw.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
lol ik I made my name pretty troll looking, but I enter tourneys under Malfunkshun
so I don't represent the gayness
and if it counts for anything, when I'm getting shield pressured, I bair waveland oos
so yes
I do waveland
sliding ftw

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I usually enter tournies under either soul or condemned. I prefer condemned since every seem to call me that more then soul

Top Bottom