• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite gaming company?

Smashman

Smash Champion
Portland, Connecticut, U.S.A., Earth, Milky Way Ga
It can be first parties like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

My favorite gaming company is Nintendo. Nintendo's systems are ALL outstanding. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, etc.

Second party: Rare. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DKC 1,2,3, Killer Instinct. Killer Instinct Gold. 'nuff said.

Third party: Capcom. Resident Evil. 'nuff said.

It can also be second/third parties like Sega, Capcom, Marvel, Broderbund, Square, Cyan, etc.

Only a stoner would choose Sony/Microsoft over Nintendo, IMO.

Sony makes some good games.

MICROsoft is only a MICRObe compared to Sony and Nintendo, lol.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Ok, I KNOW there is a topic like this one, but it is tens of hundreds of pages back, so I'll put this one in the Official Light House rules topic so we don't lose it.

First off, you know most people here will put Nintendo lol.

Second of all, ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS TOPIC SAYING ALL YOUR FAVORITES, IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THEM, EDIT YOUR POST. I don't want hundreds of posts from the same person in here.

Third: Give a reason as to why these companies are your favorite, don't just post your faves. -- Use my post as an example.

My favorites:

1st Party: Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox (shooters at least), how can I resist Nintendo. I have been playing their games since I was a tot and I am still hooked. Their franchises keep me coming back for more and more.

2nd Party: RARE: Is there a question? RARE has put out some of the prettiest and funnest games out there. The DK Trilogy (SNES) was great, great fun, as was Goldeneye. We all know Crono and Treget like Perfect Dark lol. I really am looking forward to Kameo and Star Fox. Battletoads was hard but fun too.....

3rd Party: SEGA: I chose SEGA because they are just as innovative as Nintendo and I like their franchises, mainly Sonic. I think that Service Games is a great company in the arcades and on consoles. Virtua Fighter is sweet, and I you gotta love that Sonic Mega Collection coming to GCN this holiday season......

krillin1986

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Kid Icarus

My favorites:

1st Party: Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox (shooters at least), how can I resist Nintendo. I have been playing their games since I was a tot and I am still hooked. Their franchises keep me coming back for more and more.

2nd Party: RARE: Is there a question? RARE has put out some of the prettiest and funnest games out there. The DK Trilogy (SNES) was great, great fun, as was Goldeneye. We all know Crono and Treget like Perfect Dark lol. I really am looking forward to Kameo and Star Fox. Battletoads was hard but fun too.....

3rd Party: SEGA: I chose SEGA because they are just as innovative as Nintendo and I like their franchises, mainly Sonic. I think that Service Games is a great company in the arcades and on consoles. Virtua Fighter is sweet, and I you gotta love that Sonic Mega Collection coming to GCN this holiday season......
These are my favorites also... because I like these companies... but, I like Rare better than Nintendo, so mine would be Rare, then Nintendo, then Sega... then 4th would have to be Silicon Knight for it's great game, Eternal Darkness!

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll just put my top 3:
1) Sega - they have it all from platforming to RPG to beat and music. Similar to Nintendo's philosoply, Sega makes games for the gamers, and not souly for profit.
2) Nintendo - gotta love their games... all of em... period.
3) Capcom - I loooooooove their platformers and side scrollers!! Capcom would be my second choice if it weren't for resident evil... ho-hum...

I'll edit this if I have a change of heart ;)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't really buy games based on company name, I just buy games of interest.
I mean look at Rockstar, they published GTA3 and everyone thought State Of Emergency would be good because Rockstar published it, it wasn't.

Phantasm

Smash Cadet
Yep. Kaboom made a topic like this a while back, Kid Icarus. Anyway, I like:

1.Squaresoft- They focus Great Gameplay, Graphics, and Story. Constantly trying to make things better.

2.Nintendo - Some of the best and most innovative games period! Their games are almost always a ton of fun, and they have the best mascots!

3. Blizzard - The best RTS games period. Not to mention some great RPGs, like the Diablo series.

4.. Lucas Arts - The best point and click games on the market, even though most of those are old. (Check out the Monkey Island series, you owe it to yourself. And download Day of the Tentacle on Kazaa. You will be happy). Also, they make all the really good Star Wars Games! Duh!

Heero

Smash Journeyman
I’m not going to mention any First parties like Nintendo since everybody going to mention them. Smahman, Sony is not bad, they made the Gran Turismo series (best racing simulation), ICO, Omega Boost (one of the coolest shooters), and SOCOM. They are also working on The Getaway and Primal. Microsoft is not bad as well, they make some good computer games and made Halo.

Capcom- they make a lot of great games. Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, ect.
Kanami- Metal Gear Solid, Dance Dance, Suikoden (one of my favorite RPG’s) Silent Hill. Do I have to give a reason.
Enix- They make some great RPG’s like Grandia, classics like the Dragon Warrior series, Soul Blazer, and Illusion of Gaia.
Square-They also make some great RPG’s most of you know.
Sega- They make some great arcade style games. Games like Shemue 2, Panzer Dragoon, Shinobi are going to be cool and they probably make the best sport games.

sharkboy013

Smash Lord
#1: Squaresoft: Duh... They only make the best RPG's.

#2: Nintendo: The gaming world wouldn't be here without ya, total ownage, Miyamoto-san!

#3: Capcom: Who needs realisticism? Not you guys. BOF, Street Fighter, AND Mega Man, all still animated games. Resident Evil may not, but it takes the cake itself.

#4: Intelligent Systems: Awww, I can't leave you out, creators of Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, and former creators of metroid.

#5: Namco: Tekken, and Ace Combat, thats all I am saying.

#6: Konami: Creators of Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders, Gradius, and of course everyones favorite old school game: Contra. I don't think the gaming world would be the same without them either.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
On the top of the mountain are Nintendo and Rare. Their games never fail to please me(except yoshi's story;)), almost all my 25 N64 games are either Rare or Nintendo.

Then comes many of the second party developers like Silikon Knights, Hal lab., Retro Studios, just because they haven't made that many games doesn't mean they are bad.

And that's actually it, I rarely buy 3rd party games, but I guess Capcom is on top of that list.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Erm, Nintendo, obviously. No need to explain.

Rare is up there, along with Sega, Sony, and Squaresoft. I haven't played many Microsoft games but so far I'm not pleased with the X-box, that may change in the future though...

Singletrac was great (the old Twisted Metal Games) but then they were bad...

Capcom, Konami, Namco, all good.

Can't forget LucasArts for all the great Star Wars games.

Rob

Smash Lord
ones;;; EAD for OOT and MM

2's:::RARE for donkey kong and Golden eye

tress';- EA for their freakin wicked sports games

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
The obvious first party is nintendo. Responsible for th best games of all time. I don't feel there is a need to state all the reasons, you probably know the reasons anyway.

Second Party is a tough decision, overall i must say Square wins in my book, VERY closely followed by rare (mostly just because of of PD and Godeneye)

Third Party- Konami/Capcom They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but trying to compare these geniuses would be like comparing Ozzy to Metallica (impossible) They are masters of different genres.

Rare is good at adventures and AWESOME at shooters.

Konami is great at whatever genre Castlevania is and of course MGS and MGS2.

Jango Fett

Smash Lord
Nintendo(Mario,Samus,Link,Fox)
Rare(COnker,Banjoe)
CapCom(Marvel Vs CapCom 1/2)
Silicon Knights(Eternal Darkness)
EA(**** GOOD SPORTS GAMES)
Namco(Tekken)
Konami(MGS 1/2)
SquareSoft(all RPG's)
Blizzard(WarCraft3)
Hal(Smash)

wing zrow

Smash Lord
capcom:how can you not love megaman and streetfighter!??!
I'm not a resident evil or devil may cry fan but theyve got that goin for them too.And almost my favorite of their franchises it breath of fire.

Nintendo:mario,zelda...just play melee

Snk:god do i love snk,king of fighters,samurai showdown,last blade,fatal fury,metal slug:beezo:

firaga01

Smash Lord
i like:
1st: NiNTENDO (ZELDA)
2nd: rareware (SF gamez)
3rd: Capcom (megaman)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Muckey Foot. They made a little known game for PC called Startopia. It was about you the adminstrator of a LARGE Space Station. It was a REALLY good game, with open-ended possibilities because mission making was simple. Alas, evil Eidos Interactive(the Publisher of ST) decided not to hype this game as much as they did with there last game, Diakatana, as it failed. Shame too, if anybody can get a copy of Startopia, don't hesitate, I got it fpr $5, best money I ever spent too.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo, of course.

I've seen some good games come out of Namco (Tekken rocks!)and Capcom, and outstanding games out of Square. Acclaim and Sega are also pretty good IMO. HAL too, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have the Super Smash Bros. series!

Rareware, as well, too bad about the switch.

spaz519

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blizzard: Best RTSs ever (SC, anyone?) plus other sweet games (Diablo series, etc.). Other companies could also learn a lot from Blizzard's FMVs in their games.

Sierra: Really a mixed bag. Made some of the best games ever (Half-Life, Homeworld, Tribes) but then fired the people who made such great games (Dynamix was THE BEST little sub-company EVER till they were laid off -_-)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sorry, spaz519, I can't agree that they make the best RTSes ever. Westwood, in my opinion made the best RTSes ever. Westwood did PLENTY games, including Command and Conquer, but one series made by Westwood is in the shadows. Dune. Dune created RTSes as we know it, and had a VERY unique story.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: Nintendo, the only bad games I can remember from Nintendo are Mario's Time Machine and Yoshi's Story.

2: Capcom, for two simple reasons, Megaman and Resident Evil. I own the whole RE serie for GC and am awaiting RE 4 and RE Code Veronica to complete my serie. I'm also awaiting the Megaman Anniversary Collection for GC, which will be my most wanted game ever.

3: Blizzard, nothing beats Warcraft 2 and Starcraft: Broodwar except for Westwood's Red Alert series. Lately i've been huge addicted to Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and cannot wait for their next RTS game, they truely are the best at RTS's.

Others that are great are Rare( PD omg played it like every day in the past), Namco(the upcoming RPG's and SC II for GC), Westwood(Yuri's Revenge IS addictive), HAL(SSBM and Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Adventure), Intelligent Systems(All hail Paper Mario and Advance Wars(2)) and Retro Studios(for reviving Metroid)

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
1st Party Favorite: Hellow!!!! Nintendo is a religion man, with games such as Metroid, Mario Bros. Star Fox...

2nd Party Favorite: Rare, as many people has said and will say, Rare is one of the best game designers with games like, B&K, Conker BFD/L&U, 007, DK.

3rd Party Favorite: Sega Atary FKA (Formerly known as) Infogrames, and Squaresoft. There are more too, but those are my favs.

princeps

Smash Journeyman
1st Nintendo. not only does it embody the gaming experience i had when i was in kindergarten playing slalom, ice climbers, goonies, mario bros etc., but nintendo has kept on outdoing themselves on every system.

2st Blizzard. Warcraft Starcraft & Diablo

3rd Mythic. Dark Age of Camelot is one of the best games i've ever played, and imperator looks sweet. the hottest thing in the mmorpg world imo.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
1. Squaresoft, Enix (makers of Robotrek, and the ever popular Star Ocean series) and Nintendo are sort of tied for me.

3. Konami (3 words: Metal Gear Solid; one name: Hideo Kojima...oh and can't forget Castlevania, Boktai, and Gradius)

4. Namco, SNK and Capcom (SNK has the original OG fighting games, Capcom has the ingenuity and the ability to come up with new stuff..oh and Namco is just kick arse)

6. Irem (R-Type final makers) and Treasure (I can't decide between the two).

BA out..

PooL

Smash Rookie
I have a few favorites.
Kojima Productions.
Metal Gear Solid is an ocean of sex. Zone of the Enders is hawt. Hideo is god.

Square-Enix
Final Fantasy, BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Mario RPG.

Nintendo
Nothing to be said that hasn't been said a million times here

Clover Studios
Oh eM Gee. Okami = sperm out of my ***** LOVE OKAMI

Blizzard
Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft

Insomniac Games
Ratchet and Clank

Naughty Dog
Crash Bandicoot

Sony (suck it fanboy)
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Aside from Nintendo, because we all know that everyone on here loves them. . .

1) Clover--disbanded, but still alive in spirit. Viewtiful Joe and Okami were some of the greatest things to ever grace a console. Wolf peeing on monsters FTW.

2) Konami--MGS, Castlevania. No need to expand on that.

3) Ubisoft--mostly for Beyond Good and Evil, although I think they also make Splinter Cell. Good stuff.

4) SCEA--ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Aside from Nintendo, because we all know that everyone on here loves them. . .
Except me. Never despised any developer more.

1- Epic: Consistently refined and beautiful shooters, every time. I could stop eating and instead live off of Gears and Unreal Tournament.

2- Harmonix: Purely for Guitar Hero 2. That game alone exemplifies this developer's expertise and 'general awesome'.

3- Neversoft: I've simply been playing the Tony Hawk series way too long, and although the series has been in a slump recently, the old Pro Skater days define my gaming past.

Top Bottom