• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Fruits

Favorite Fruits to Use

• Cherry

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Orange

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Apple

• Melon

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Galaxian

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Bell

• Key

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Furret24

Smash Master
Bonus Fruit is one of Pac-Man's best tools. What are your favorite fruits to use?

I personally usually use Oranges, Apples, Galaxians, Bells, and Key. Apple's the best though.
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Apple's my favorite. Can build one up relatively fast, goes at a low angle that could catch people off guard even in Lethal League, and it kills at high percents. People fear Melon, Bell, and Key for the kill setups, but few know about the sudden upset that is Apple.
All hail Steve Jobs

Direspect only!

Smash Apprentice
Cherry, it's easiest to catch, you can start early z drop games, use it to break hydrant. It's the quickest fruit, it has some decent stun.
Galaxian controls a lot of space for a long time. I haven't been Labbing a lot with it, but the fact it controls so much space cab lead to limitless potential, also easy to catch and can be z dropped to break shield.

• Melon gives great stage control, also easily catchable, and can be used to scare.
  • Finally bell, though hitting it can be hard because the trajectory is predictable, if you land it at higher percents, it's basically a free hit of your choice, or time to regroup and place a tramp or hydrant.

xzx

Smash Lord
All of them, but the key, the orange and the galaxian have a special place in my heart.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I like all of them but my top 3 are Galaxian, Melon, and Bell for the zDrop fun and strawberry as my least favorite because I feel like it's the most redundant one.

verbatim

Smash Ace
I have two orange kills (not gimps) to my name in tournaments.

Beyond that I love using the Apple, generally b-reversed, to score kills since I'm not that good with the bell and people always expect the key.

Last edited:

Goggalor

Smash Cadet
It's hard for me to say which fruit is my favorite. I'll always go through phases on which fruit I tend to favor, since I think they are all extremely useful. Right now, I'd say I'm favoring the Galaxian Ship mostly due to the new shield mechanics. The fact that the Galaxian Ship can hit twice when you z-drop it means it does more shield damage on opponents. I know I've gotten super close to breaking shields with it, so I'll probably continue to abuse that until I can get the break..then I'll phase out to a different fruit again.

Furret24

Smash Master
It's hard for me to say which fruit is my favorite. I'll always go through phases on which fruit I tend to favor, since I think they are all extremely useful. Right now, I'd say I'm favoring the Galaxian Ship mostly due to the new shield mechanics. The fact that the Galaxian Ship can hit twice when you z-drop it means it does more shield damage on opponents. I know I've gotten super close to breaking shields with it, so I'll probably continue to abuse that until I can get the break..then I'll phase out to a different fruit again.
Hence Favorite Fruits. If you desire, you can choose all of them.

Goggalor

Smash Cadet
Well, my point was that I go through phases where I favor one fruit over the rest, but yay for pluralizaton!

Cherry/Strawberry: I love these for combo strings. I'll usually go fruit -> dash attack -> sh fair -> down throw fruit then it's tech-chasing from there.

Orange: I get warm fuzzy feelings when I snipe someone at the edge of the blast zone with an orange and get the kill.

Apple: When your opponent tries to chase you by the ceiling..*see above*

Melon: I think it's great for approaching. It's one of my favorite z-dropping fruit. Throwing it up at the ledge is always fun.

Bell: I love styling with it. Sometimes to a point where I lose the game because I'm trying to style too hard with it. My best moments have been stunning people on the ledge, so that they get stage spiked when they're launched out of stun.

Key: key is key.

Top Bottom