• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Fighting Game

Dub. G

Smash Rookie
Hey all, not only being a huge Smash fan, im also a huge Fighting game fanatic. If i can't beat you in smash, then it's more likely that i can beat you in any other fighting game.

SO what is your favorite fighting game? (besides smash).

Rodent23

Smash Cadet
Oh wait, BESIDES Smash...

Probably Killer Instinct, I've never been much of a fan of fighting games.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Mortal Kombat is where it's at. That is of course because we can't pick Smash. Tekken seems too slow for me and most fighting games like Marvel vs. Capcom....don't you guys feel trapped on one side unlike Smash your able to go everywhere on the stage.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like most fighting games except Tekken.
Why, out of curiosity. I hope it's not a case of "Overrated!1!1two!"

I can list some favorites, but I don't think I can list a singular one.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (I remember playing the first one, then playing the MVC 2 and going "Oh ****! Look how many characters there are!")
Tekken Tag/Tekken 5 (Tie between the two)
Street Fighter II (a-duh)
Guilty Gear Isuka (If you don't like Guilty Gear, I hate you)
Mortal Kombat II (The new ones suck, but the classics are still good for what they are)
Jump Ultimate Stars (Took what Jump Superstars did and multiplied ten-fold)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (I know you said BESIDES Smash, but there was no way I couldn't include this on the list)
Dead or Alive 4 (Favorite game on the 360)
King of Fighters '98 (One of SNK's best)

Cless

Smash Champion
I just don't like the button mashing nature of the game. You can get by with button mashing and it's just not good. My favorite 3d fighter is Virtua Fighter.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just don't like the button mashing nature of the game. You can get by with button mashing and it's just not good. My favorite 3d fighter is Virtua Fighter.
I agree completely about button mashing, that's why all serious competitors I know in it HATE button mashers with a fiery passion, as do I.

Dub. G

Smash Rookie
I agree with you both, i hate button mashers as well.

oh and hemighbegiant, guilty gear is awesome, and so is virtual fighter, Cless.

Fighting games just rule!! keep replying to this thread. spread the word.

pdk

Smash Lord

breakfast time, dinner time, funeral time; any time is time for kaillera showdowns, you know you want it folks!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I agree with you both, i hate button mashers as well.

oh and hemighbegiant, guilty gear is awesome, and so is virtual fighter, Cless.

Fighting games just rule!! keep replying to this thread. spread the word.
Yeah, they do. I owe it all to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's arcade for introducing me to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 XD

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to mention KoF. Dead or Alive 4 either, it's my favorite game on the 360! *goes and edits post*

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well BESIDES smash....

I looked Soul Calibur II for a while.

But Guilty Gear: Accent Core is awesome. It's a little complicated when you first start, but with a little playtime you realize how deep, complex, and insanely fun it is.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
i like the guilty gear XX series of games. no, that doesn't include isuka. i have GGXX Accent core on my PS2, and GGXX #R on my PC for online play.

i play various fighting games, but competitively smash and GGXX are my favorites.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
i like the guilty gear XX series of games. no, that doesn't include isuka. i have GGXX Accent core on my PS2, and GGXX #R on my PC for online play.

i play various fighting games, but competitively smash and GGXX are my favorites.
I have played the GGXX series of Guilty Gear, but Isuka is the only one I own, sadly.

Top Bottom