• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Character Colors?

lanbobyonson

Smash Rookie
These are my top 10

1. PINK DK: The best recolor. Makes me laugh.
2. Purple Charizard: SO PURPLE. I love the fact that you can recolor him completely. Charizard mains will stand out a lot.
3. White/Red Peach: This dress is SO PRETTY. Her black/yellow one is too. Almost makes me want to learn and main her.
4. Purple Link: So much swag. I want a purple tunic IRL.
5. Red (Cordelia) Lucina: Cordelia was my favorite girl in FE:A. I like the direction they went with Lucinas recolors. I just wish they made an Olivia one instead of Tiki.
6. Black Rosalina: All Rosalina's recolors are amazing. If you didn't notice already the first few are the colors of Disney Princesses. This one wins out though. It's super badass and suits her well.
7. Black Falco: Black Falco.
8. BANJO AND KAZOOIE DUCK HUNT: Not quite but I still like to think it is lol.
9. Nude Shulk: IF SHULK WAS IN NUDIST BEACH HE'D REALLY BE REVEALING IT! I seriously like that you can fight people in your bathing suit though.
10. Pink Hoodie Lil Mac: He has one hoodie recolor and they made it pink over green. Whoever did this, I love you, it was the right choice.
side note: I hope they make DLC for more recolors.

Don't have to make a top 10 or make it detailed or anything, but post/talk about your favorite character colors in the thread.

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I typically just use the black colored recolor of the character I'm using, if they don't have one then I just chose something random.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Most of the blue color swaps I like. There are some exceptions though.

I like the U.S. Mario costume and Luigi's Orange costume as well.

I also like both of the Hoodie Mac costumes.

EDIT: Oh, can't forget Naked Meta Knight Kirby and Naked Shulk either. Naked Shulk is just hilarious. Also, I quite like both of Link's special costumes (The Skyward Sword Beginning and Fierce Deity costumes.)

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Fierce Deity :4link: is probably the one im most excited about but I really like all of :4robinm:'s color changes as well.

I also like how they made a Roy outfit for :4marth:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Black-and-gold/yellow and white-and-red costumes tend to be my favorites. Besides that, 'Murica Mario, the new red Dr. Mario, File Select Ness, Fuel Ness, and most of Luigi's are particularly awesome (and the Koopalings, if they count).

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm loving Peach and Rosalina's Fire flower costumes, as well as their black&gold alts. Fierce Diety Link is amazing, as is White Mage Robin. Oh, and Impa-colored Sheik.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Mario - Fire or Waluigi
Luigi - Fire or Waluigi
Peach - Fire
Yoshi - Purple, Red, (White, Orange in PM)
Rosalina - Fire
Bowser - Default
DK - Default or White
Diddy - Default
Sheik - OoT colors
Zelda - OoT, LttP, or Malon
Samus - Default, Dark, or Light
Link - Default, Red, Purple, Gold, (White in games that have it)
Pit - Gold
Tink - Red
Marth - Basically all of them, but White's probably my favorite
ZSS - Default, lightest blue, or the throwback tanktop stuff
Lucina - Cherche colors (purple hair, blue-black armor)
Palutena - Default, Black
Kirby - Default, Red, White
Ike - Default, Disciple of Dawn (gold)
Metaknight - White
Robin - Default, White Mage
Fox - Default
Dedede - Default, Purple
Charizard - Default
Mac - Default, Pink Hoodie
Greninja - Black
Pikachu - Default (I would like the others if they didn't tint his skin -_-)
Villager - Default
Lucario - Default
WFT - Red(M)
Captain Falcon - Any Blue shade, Blood Falcon, Dr. Stewart, Jody Summer
Pac Man - Default
Olimar - Ugly no matter what color, so default
Sonic - Default.
Shulk - White, Red
Megaman - All of 'em
Wario - Default overalls
ROB - Gold
G&W - Default
Duck Hunt - Default
Bowser Jr - Default
Ness - Default
Dark Pit - Default
Ganondorf - Default
Jigglypuff - Default, Crown
Falco - Default
Dr. Mario - Default

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I like Robin's red and white robe and black hair costume.
It reminds me of a main character from a Anime I watch.

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
I'm not good with top 10's and the like, so I guess I'll just do everybody.

(Pics courtesy of Serebii.)

~Incoming massive post~

Blue is my favorite color, specifically cyan, and it looks surprisingly good on Bowser.

#IGGYMASTERRACE

How can you NOT love The Fabulous Falcon?

I don't know what it is about this shade of blue on Charizard that I like.

This Pittoo stands out to me the most, visually. I think it's the blue hair.

Blue, Blue...

Who doesn't love Eddie, The Mean Old Yeti?

Gotta go with Back Alley Abortionist Mario.

My dad has a rottweiler. Plus blue duck.

Raven Falco looks so much better in this game.

As someone who would've preferred Falco be the one to get cut, I have to use this one.

Yuganondorf just looks so silly.

Close to shiny Greninja as we get. Bugs the crap outta me that PURPLE Greninja got to be solid color.

The black armor looks good on him.

Gotta love Nurse Jigglez.

I love throwbacks like this.

He looks like a little Heartless, I love it.

*Nods head toward avatar* Duh.

I prefer the pink gloves to the pink tracksuit.

Heh. Lavender Lucario.

I like how pink and black go together.

I know this is supposed to be from that Mario OVA... But I just can't unsee Eario.

'MURICA.

I used to favor the black, but Smash 4 Marth looks better in white.

By now I bet you thought I was gonna go for cyan, Air Shooter Mega Man? Nah.

Used to be a tough call between this and Paladin Meta Knight, but Pally-Knight doesn't look as good without the gold shoes.

I just like this swampy blue/green.

Blue, Blue...

PLAID. Plus his gloves look like little oven miits.

People call this Medusa Palutena, reminds me more of Hades. I think the black one is supposed to be Medusa Palutena.

This is way too fancy for Peach.

Mah boi Gold. Now if only Sakurai would draw from the manga and give him Yellow's hat. And give Mewtwo the psionic spoon while he's at it.

Mah boi Captain Charlie!

I have the weirdest boner for cyan/purple color schemes, even my Backloggery uses it.

Blue, Blue...

White Mage, what're you doing here?

Now, see, Rosalina deserves this kinda fancy.

What's not to love about this palette???

Is this supposed to be Impa, or Tetra? Either way I like it.

Something about that shade of blue and that shade of red...

It stands out the most, and leave itself open to Pothead the Porcupine jokes.

D'awwww, such cute widdle destwoyew of wowlds.

"What...? Oh man... I have no idea what's goin' on..."

I lost my 2 favorite Wario palettes, but at least I still have... whatever the hell this is. Why does Little Mac get an extra 8 palettes for his dumb little texture-swap Wireframe costume, but Wario loses 8 of his for his complete model change?

I don't know what it is about this one.

It was actually a tough call between Cyan and Black Yoshi.

I dunno what it is about this one, either.

Blue, Blue...

Overall I REALLY love the colors in this game, if one or two nitpicks bug me (seriously, what's up with Wario?)

8MangaMan

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight color for Kirby. Also Tharja color for Lucina. At least there's still reference to her after the trophy removal.

Hyena

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4422-5427
I'm really glad emo Ness (w/ the pink cap and black shirt) is still around. Fierce Deity Link is a wonderful inclusion too. Though, as someone who was pulling for Bowser Jr., I wish there were more robust recolor options than all the Koopalings. Oh well.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

And Bow Jigglypuff, but I didn't put it in because it messed with the mojo of the image positioning. :)

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399

(Totally not a fan of Black Yoshi or anything)

It's about time my boy Black Yoshi was in an official Smash game, he's been sorely missed until now.​

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

(Totally not a fan of Black Yoshi or anything)

It's about time my boy Black Yoshi was in an official Smash game, he's been sorely missed until now.​
Needs more black Yoshi.

Anyway, I'd make a favorite color thing, but I don't remember the site to do it and I don't know how to take a screenshot of it.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
FDLink, Blue haired Robin(my FE "robin" had blue hair) and hoodymac looks cool.

Haven't played yet to remember more of em.

edit: that purple charizard looks mad trill tho.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Grandpa Ganondorf!!! Although I liked his look in brawl better.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
I tend to use blue, purple, or palettes that reference other things (like Marth's Roy color, Fierce Deity Link, etc)

Viper Bite

Smash Rookie

Pictures can be gotten here: reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2gpoyh/images_of_interest_from_the_ssb3ds_rom/

Last edited:

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Black Yoshi and Bling Bling Bowser are absolutely awesome. I'm also a fan of pink hoodie Mac. I'm a big fan of pink in general.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I'm a sucker for dark and red colors. Dark Samus, black Lucina, red Marth (oh good lord the teases from Marth's Roy costume), Fierce Deity Link, default Shulk, black Fox/Falco, Meta Knight Kirby, etc.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
How bout some of Ol' Dougie's favorites? (Note: This will not have all of them. Some of these are really just favorite new costume additions rather than favorites in general. =w=)

1. I prefer this over Mac's normal Hoodie costume because it's just interesting... He's a wireframe in a solid hoodie with pink boxing gloves. Nuff said.
2. Chromike! It has a nice ring to it for a costume name.
3. Dr. Mario's blue costume looks a lot cooler in this game and has that nice green tie.
4/5. I always have liked Luigi's light blue costume, but Brawl introduced me to that sexy orange costume too. Glad they're both staying.
6. U.S. Mario is a fine replacement for my old favorite costume for him (R.I.P. Reverse Mario).
7. Maroy! That one sounds funny. I just like the color scheme and it references a certain, special character I quite like in Melee/Project M (Moreso in Project M)... I still don't understand why this costume doesn't turn Marth's hair red though. :ohwell:
8. Ness has a blue costume I like much more than his old one now. Nice stuff.
9. Welcome back Partychu... We missed you.
10. If Blue Robin Boy Wonder had red hair, it'd be perfect for me. X3 I still like that the male one got the blue costume.
11. The Dark Samus color adds another nice blue costume for Samus after her Fusion Suit color.
12. NAKED SHULK! NAAAAKED SHUUUUUULK! Too hilarious to NOT add.
13/14. Two of Sonic's new colors are pretty nice. An even more blue costume with glowing rings and a costume that's close to NOT being blue and also looks pretty cool.
15. Of course I can't forget Light Blue Yoshi. He's always been there for me. =w=

EDIT: Derp. Forgot the two special costumes for Link. I quite like those as well... My list of pictures was already getting too big though... So yeah. Oh, and Captain Fabulous 2.0. (The blue and purple Falcon costume with the pink scarf.)

16. Captain Fabulous 2.0.! I like this better than the white and pink one because he still looks ultra fabulous, rocking that purple helmet and pink scarf.
17. I like the color scheme of this costume as well as the extra details added to his clothes.
18. Fierce Deity Link. Need I say more?

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I like:

Captain Fabulous (pink Falcon)
White Charizard and Greninja
I like the striped shorts Little Mac
White Marth (I think I saw him in this one. I call him Wedding Marth)
Ludwig von Koopa
Black Bowser
Fierce Deity Link or Skyward Sword
Meta Knight Kirby is pretty awesome...
Undies Shulk (hawt)
Old Manondorf
Granny Zelda (dark zelda)
Stoned Villager
Banjo Kazooie DHD

I'll edit if I think of any more!!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Here are my top ten, in no particular order:

1. I call him the Doctor of Death
2. Lemmy is adorable.
3. I really appreciate Lucina's default look. It suits her the most.
4. Roy is my boy.
5. I like wearing baseball style shirts
6. The Goddess of Light wearing black? Yes please!
7. My two favorite colors are green and orange.
8. My favorite color is green and his tunic still looks black from a distance.
9. It reminds be of other great green FE characters (Gordin, Stahl, Abel, Merric)
10. Serena hat adorableness.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Quick question on Samus' alts for anyone who has played the game - does her Charge Shot change color with the palette change? Most specifically wondering if Dark Samus fires something that resembles Phazon.

Anyways my favorites are the alternate character costumes (Alpha and the Koopalings), FD Link and Dark Samus.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of the new costumes I really like this one:

The reference is so subtle, yet people who have played through Earthbound multiple times will likely recognize it:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

As a general rule of thumb, I prefer to play the default palettes for the most part. For the sake of this thread, though, I'll examine the alts that I like the best.

:4pit: - Pit is my favourite character. Blue is my favourite colour. It just works

:4palutena: - Hades alt? Aww yis~

:4greninja: - He looks all chalky and mysterious! Like a chalky and mysterious ninja frog

:4robinf: - She looks surprisingly adorable with blonde hair, and the pigtails look magnificent in this hue~

:4lucina: - Tiki is among my favourite Fire Emblem characters and mah gurl LuLu rocks the manakete look!

:4wario: - I used to play Wario!Mario a lot in Melee, so Mario!Wario is the logical evolution

:4rob: - Bumblebee R.O.B. is perplexingly adorable - the yellow coat of paint with the black stripe is a nice touch

:4falcon: - I actually play Captain Fabulous more than I play regular Falcon - go figure

:rosalina: - I've always liked the Fire Flower colours and Rosalina is no exception. The white and red trim suits her well, I must say

Last edited:

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
Red, green, and black are my preferred colors.

I was hoping that Villager would get some animal villager alts though, or at least not so many numbered shirts...
And I wanted White Yoshi as well, but I guess that would just make choosing a Yoshi even harder than it already is...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Fierce Deity :4link: is probably the one im most excited about but I really like all of :4robinm:'s color changes as well.

I also like how they made a Roy outfit for :4marth:
Marth has 2 outfits based on Roy (the 1 you just mention, but did you know that Marth's orange outfit is also partially based off of 1 of Roy's alternate outfits from Melee.)

Anyways while I'm here, might as well post my favorite alt colors as well for every character (Warning! Long List Approaching):
Captain Falcon (alt)
&

King Dedede
&

Diddy Kong (alt)
&

Donkey Kong (in Melee & Brawl it was the green alt that was my favorite, blue was a close 2nd due to how similar the shading was to his green alt, but they turn me off since those colors now have a different shade to them (although the in-game look is somewhat the same as the last 2 games.)
&

Dr. Mario (alt)
&
(bout time the good Doctor has a proper Red alt, was sick of using his Pink alt whenever I was on the Red team in Melee.)

Duck Hunt Dog (alt)
&

Falco (alt)
&
(kinda sucks his jacket's not a dark brown anymore, but at least he looks like Shadow the Hedgehog a lil bit in terms of the color scheme and he has a proper blue alt (his last 2 blue alts from Melee & Brawl made him look liked he had a 2nd white alt instead of blue), and his Orange alt is also a bit more proper looking as is his red alt.)

Fox
&

Mr. Game & Watch

Ganondorf (alt)
&
(Original Ganon FTW.)

Greninja (alt)
&

Ike
&

Kirby

Bowser
&

Bowser Jr.
(who else, ever since Bowser Jr. was playable (really didn't support him getting in the game as I thought he would be a weaker smaller clone of Bowser,) I'm going to rock Smash bros with this lovely Koopa gal.)

Link (kinda sucks that his white outfit is gone (thanks a lot Toon Link), but the Skyward outfit is a good replacement, he's also an alt.)
&

Little Mac (alt)
&
(also includes the wireframe versions (which are not pictured), should any of the main outfits here gets picked.)

Charizard (alt)
&

Lucario (my current Brawl main & current alt)
&
(I prefer his new darker blue colors (which is how he looks in the anime) over his actual costume (I used to use his red alt a lot in Brawl, but I prefer his new green alt better (it's how his alt colors should have been for this game), and despite how the new white alt artwork looks, it's still the game in-game from Brawl.)

Lucina (alt)
&

Luigi (alt)

&
(Waluigi & obscure references are cool, although Luigi loses the yellow L on his hat for his Waluigi outfit.)

Mario
(why is Mario's Waluigi's outfit more accurate than Luigi's, also it sucks that his wrecking crew outfit is more black than dark brown (whenever a friend of mine uses that outfit, I usually go with the swapped overalls or the Wario costume (which now has a green M and the Blue/red swapped outfit removed.)

Marth (alt)
&
(the Orange alt you see here (which is before the Roy alt) was the outfit that Roy had as one of his alts in Melee (which was my 2nd favorite color in Melee out of Roy's colors (his Green alt was my favorite since he had a bit of brown in the color scheme which is my favorite color overall, also Marth's Roy alt costume is better looking on Marth rather than Roy (if only the armor was purple too.)

Meta Knight
&

Villager
(kinda sucks how he doesn't have an 8-Ball outfit.)

Ness (alt)
&
(I like to call this outfit: Gothic Ness, if only his hat was black or dark blue.)

Pac-man (alt)
&

Palutena
&

Peach
&
(her black/gold outfit screams the various sports teams from Pittsburg (like the Pirates, but hate the Steelers with a burning passion), also Rosalina has both of these outfits.)

Pikachu (can't they make him any more cuter looking?)
&
(I'm happy the party hat is back, although it should have been a different color and the choice band outfit, makes Pikachu look more like his shiny outfit, more so than his Red alt.)

Pikimin & Olimar & Alph

Pit
&

Dark Pit (or Black Pit/Pitoo, 3DS main/secondary on Wii U)
&
(kinda funny that Dark Pit has a White outfit which mirrors how his rival has a Black outfit (which is also how Dark Pit came to be in the 1st place), like how the Dark Red outfit makes his wings look Red as well, 2nd outfit is just plain awesome.)

Jigglypuff (sometimes me & a friend calls her Jigglypoof just for Lulz)
(similar how I'm happy that the party hat is back, the bow returns, but with it's own color scheme rather than the blue alt she had in Melee (why didn't they do this with Pikachu), although I'd prefer if she also got the headband back from the same game as well (make it a reference to the black belts that the Black Belt trainer class wears.)

Robin (this includes FemRobin as well)
&

R.O.B (or simply Robot, or Robo Operating Buddy, also an alt)
&
(why didn't he get this in Brawl?)

Megaman (alt)
&

Rosalina & Luma
&
(again she gets the same 2 final outfits as Peach, at least she gets her actual Fire Rosalina look as an alt).

Samus
&
(at least now that Samus has her actual Dark outfit (pictured above), I can choose the brown alt safely without any of my friends using it).

Sheik
&

Shulk (alt)
&

Sonic the Hedgehog (alt)
&
(again suffers from the too blue look like Lucario does (at least he has some more alts this time).

Zero Suit Samus (alt)
&

Toon Link
&
(Toon Link's Red alt actually looks Red for once (in Brawl it was rather pinkish looking), and he gets another Classic Link alt this time from Link's Awakening (which had one of the best themes in the series), and speaking of Classic Link now I know exactly what happened to Adult Link's White Ring outfit, Toon Link stole it).

Wario (I'm going to miss Butterscotch Wario dearly.)
&

Wii Fit Trainers
&

Yoshi
&
(Red Yoshi dates back to when I played Super Mario World, I would always gun to get that Yoshi mount because it was my personal favorite (because he could spit fire), Yellow was my 2nd favorite variant (loved the earthquake effect), Purple Yoshi makes me think of Sonic's and Lucario's Red alt with the outside of their bodies looking rather purplish).

Zelda
&

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Larry, Green Rosie, and Light Blue Yosie are my favorite... not in order.

Still sad there isn't cosmic Rosie

Top Bottom