• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Bike Shenanigans?

A Rogue Cop

Smash Cadet
As most Wario players will know, the bike is by far one of his most versatile and vital tools (hence the dreaded villager matchup D: ), but it's uses go far beyond merely recovering and driving into foes.

As a carried item, the bike becomes an extremely large and powerful projectile, sometimes capable of dealing around 40% of damage with one well-placed throw. Two of my favorite tricks with it include performing a down smash throw, which sends it at the perfect trajectory to block opponents trying to approach, and walking off of the stage with it, functioning as a pseudo z-drop.

One interesting thing to note is that Wario's various custom bike options also dramatically impact the health of the bike, governing how much it can be thrown around before exploding; the quick bike has much less health, while the burying version can be chucked around for days.

What are some of your favorite uses of the bike? They don't necessarily have to be related to using it as an item.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Eating the bike is fun. Forces opponents to get close to Wario, otherwise they'll let him get fart charge (and 1% heal)

Yeah, the bike is very strong. Not being able to catch it when thrown is really good. I like farting on it as well, the extended hitbox is very good

A Rogue Cop

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, using the the bike to lengthen your wafts is a great use, though I've never really been a fan of eating it, as it's left me vulnerable before.

Do you know how much it reduces your waft charge time by? I think I heard one second once but it feels more impactful than that.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
My Wario experience is only 2 weeks along, so I'm not sure about the charge time increase.

I read on the General Discussion thread tho, I can't find the post atm but I recall reading 2 seconds for eating the whole bike an 1 second per part

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
My Wario experience is only 2 weeks along, so I'm not sure about the charge time increase.

I read on the General Discussion thread tho, I can't find the post atm but I recall reading 2 seconds for eating the whole bike an 1 second per part
It's 1 second per part.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I like to just sit on the bike and mess around with my opponent by accelerating and decelerating at them, it's not practical at all but it's hella fun messing with people. Though if I had to pick a useful Bike trick it would probably be walk off the stage with Bike and Waft, it's super satisfying to land and makes my friends cringe.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Aerial standard bike or grounded speeding bike to Wario Waft is a hilarious and legit combo if you time your jump properly and your opponent doesn't DI the hit.

Revax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Revax0
I like to get my bike onstage and throw it up as my opponent is respawning, as they often try to attack me while they're invincible, however when it wears out they either get hit by the bike or grabbed by me

Top Bottom