• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
FLCL is quite silly indeed.
And I saw Blue Gender for the first time (forgive n00by old me) and that's quite nice.
Silly FUNimation, using the voice of Trunks. And the voice of Gohan for Takashi. And other DBZ voice actors. Come on. They're too recognizable. Hire new voice actors for Pete's sake.
:p

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Azumanga Daioh and Great Teacher Onizuka simply pwn... Chobits is up there as well, but i like a lot. It just depends on how strong my "withdrawal symptom" is :p

As you can tell, i pretty much like Comedy the best... but Cowboy Bebop and Noir are also both very good actions animes ^^

Oh yeah, and all Miyazaki movies are definitely up there too. Everyone forgets the movies -_-

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
I just starting watching FLCL ... Its different, but its actually a very interesting Anime. If you dont watch Adult Swim and haven't seen it you should!

It could change you man, Being hit in the head by a Pink haired alien woman (who looks very good) with a blue electric guitar will never be the same after you see FLCL

Yep, very interesting stuff , very interesting

Fox Legend

Smash Apprentice
My faves would have to be Love Hina, Hikaru no Go, Azumanga Diaoh, Onegai Teacher, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Some others that i like would be a lot would be Gundam Seed and Witch Hunter Robin.

ugh, i should seriously start watching Cowboy Bebop, i have them on CD and all (my brother likes it), but i can never find the time to watch this show

PS. who here actually watches dubbed anime?

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
You peole are losing me with the Anime Shows.

Well, due to a dearth of watching Anime, I would have to say my favorite show is Dragon Ball Z (beginnng to end).

Good stuff'.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
If DBZ is your favorite show, your already lost...

MillieQOF

Banned via Warnings
Ranma ½ comes on a first place, shared with InuYasha. Both by Rumiko Takahashi, because she owns.
I also like Card Captor Sakura (NOT DUB FOR GODS SAKE!), it's very cute.

I like Love Hina, One Piece and Chobits too. But geez, GTO is just...weird.

SilverScythe

Smash Cadet
Oy, this is hard. For movie, I would have to say Spirited Away. Miyazaki = genius. Despite being one of the trippiest anime I've seen (well, I have yet to see FLCL), it was very down-to-earth and enchanting.

Show-wise, I'd say either Cowboy Bebop for it's style, pseudo-realism, and music, or Trigun for the characters.

OldSkoolMar831

Smash Apprentice
1. Trigun: This show is great. It has a good story, it's hilarious at times, serious at others, it's got everything!

2. Dragon Ball Z/GT: I know I'm going to get crap like, "u n00b animay w4cher, u dumbbz fo leikin taht!" but those shows are just addictive. There are many crappy parts, but there are a lot of parts I like. Plus, the US version of DBZ has some catchy tunes (i.e. Buu's theme, desperate moment theme, SS3 theme, etc.).

3. Yu Yu Hakusho/Inuyasha: Yu Yu Hakusho is just...cool. I don't know why, but it is. Except when Hiei says "Dragon of the Darkness Flame" and when they show captions underneath special attacks/items. That's just dumb. Inuyasha is tied because I have only seen a few episodes, but I love it.

PS: They need to make a Stinkoman anime! :rotfl:

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
I really liked FLCL, but does any one other then me think they should have had more episodes? I didnt want it to end so soon. Or they could tell us a little more because i felt left hanging on a rope that was very close to a crazy pyromaniac. Its not fair...

PS: The Pillows ROCK!:D

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by MetalShade
I really liked FLCL, but does any one other then me think they should have had more episodes? I didnt want it to end so soon. Or they could tell us a little more because i felt left hanging on a rope that was very close to a crazy pyromaniac. Its not fair...

PS: The Pillows ROCK!:D
have you seen all six eps from the ova or are you going off of adult swim? if you're going off of adult swim, they've only shown the first four, there are still two more to go. if you've already seen all six... well, it's an ova, not a series, what else is there to say?

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
OVA stands for Original Video Animation, which basicaly means that they didn't air on TV in Japan, they made it straight from VHS/DVD. I think thats right correct me if i'm wrong.

Maq

Smash Journeyman
Definetly Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X

there was also this cool movie Escaflowne

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Well I have a small list of favorites.

1. Rurouni Kenshin
2. Excel Saga
3. .Hack

Rurouni Kenshin- Action packed, funny too, also serious at times, put um all together and thats my fav anime so far...

Excel Saga- Hilarious, need I say more.

.Hack- Alright a lot of talking but its actually pretty decent.

These may be short Explanations but oh well.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
1. Trigun- Action-packed, with humor and seriousness along the way.

2. Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X- Another action-packed anime that has numerous battles.

DarkLink111

Smash Journeyman
Definately Trigun. Vash is just the coolest anime character ever concieved. Wolfwood and his giant cross-gun is pretty cool too. Fooly Cooly comes in a very close second. The character development and style of animation just gives it such a unique feel. Big O is third. What can i say? I like giant robots.

Ryke

Smash Cadet
Movie: Akira. It's Akira! What more needs to be said? I still don't understand it after watching it 3 times.

Series: X. Okay, I heard the Manga was way better, but I love that show, smart, cool, and some amazing action scenes. Not to mention it had a plot that made everything seem to fit, not a single scene was there without reason. Okay, so it isn't THAT good, but my favorite nonetheless.

Styx

Smash Apprentice
DBZ is kiddie stuff

I really like hellsing, Alucard is the Shi'ite. Also probably one of the hardest shows to follow but really interesting if you know whats going on: .hack//sign. Cowboy bebop. ANd princess monoke even though ive seen one.

Question?? Is Escaflwone or Evangelion the one with the kid whose like hero ui and uses the red machine thingie.. sorta like gundam and BIG O

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
my current fave is "Oh My goddess" then theres "FLCL" which is always good then "Inuyasha"....ahhh goodess:chuckle:

Styx

Smash Apprentice
Then

If its Evangelion then what is Escaflwone, if theres even one?

Sailor Moon is a great anime show too

CORY

wut
BRoomer
escaflowne has a guy name van who has these wings and pilots a meca type deal calleda guymelef (his is more specifically called the escaflowne.) then some schoolgirl chick name hitome ends up being warped to van's place and hilarious hijinks ensue, yadda yadda...

something to that effect.

Pokemasterkatie

Smash Ace
In not really any particular order:
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh
Sonic X
Kirby
Beyblade
Cardcaptors
Tama and Friends
Sailor Moon
DBZ
Dragon Ball
Digimon
Yu-Yu Hakusho
Megaman

That's who made the cut. I also liked Hamtaro, Transformers, and Megaman: NT Warrior to a certain extent, but I stopped watching after a while. But one thing's for sure: Pokemon is my absolute favorite Anime! (So don't mess with the Pika!;))

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
Finally, a place where I can act like a nerd!

No particular order...

Hellsing-Alucard is just so cool

Evangelion

Furi Kuri, Fooly Cooly, FLCL

LUPIN the 3rd!!!- I've never seen anyone more who acts the way I do ever in an anime.

Trigun- Deep stuff...

Cowboy Bebop- the coolness

Bubblegum Crisis

Gundam except for G-Gundam and SD Gundam.....they suck big time

and AKIRA the best anime movie of all time..

BA out.....

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
There are only two Anime series I have ever liked, one being FLCL and the other being Cowboy Bebop.

FLCL is my favorite *points at avatar* because well... I don't really know. Hiemie (Mr. Game 'n Watch) told me to watch it if I liked goofy things and so I gave it a shot (this was episode 4). So I watched it, well the last 15 minutes of it and I liked it so I told myself I would see all of episode 5. I watched episode 5 and totally fell in love with the show. I was really disapointed to hear that the show was only 6 episodes long though. I'm currently trying to track down all the DVD's, I've found the 2nd and 3rd ones but haven't seen the 1st one so far. I would like to buy all of them if I can find them all at the same time, I may just have to buy them when I find them though :C Very funny, hard to follow and stuff, great in my opinion! (Great music too)

I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop very many times but the few episodes I did, I really liked what I saw. Ein owns all and the episode I remember most is the one where Ein is on shrooms ;) He was hiccuping and hoping around, great stuff. Comedy, guns, violence, yeah you know the deal ;)

SD Gundam is such a sad show... Its so horrible...

bonehead

Smash Apprentice
Cowboy Bepop rocks. Dragonbell z is my most favorite. Although I think they spent a bit too long with Mr Majin. No offence, but pokemon just scare the living **** out of me.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Pillows did the music for FLCL <---currently tracking down their songs.

How can you like DBZ? Ugh, so horrible.

I forgot to mention Outlaw Star.

Hmm, Ruruoni Kenshin? Don't know if I would include that. I recently lost my respect for it when I saw his fight with Shishi-Oh. "Ph33r my Amakakiru-Ryu-No...**** it." I'll just say it was like a sophisticated DBZ with it's really cool parts. Funny too...

Trigun is my favorite anime.
Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Evangelion are tied for me.
Lupin is the 3rd :p
Ruruoni Kenshin and Hellsing are tied
Bubblegum Crisis and Gundam are tied for 5th place

BA out...

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw two anime box sets the other day. I could potentially buy them, but I want more information. Can anyone tell me about

Noir
and
Hellsing?

(A lot of you have mentioned Hellsing, but nobody Noir... and animeacademy.com's got reviews but I want some real input from one of you guys)

Also, I'm wondering if I'm the only person who's heard of RahXephon...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by B0r3d*m Alien
The Pillows did the music for FLCL <---currently tracking down their songs.
If you have a form of Kazaa use that, I got a lot of their songs but I only liked the ones from the actual show. Little Busters and Funny Bunny are my favorites.

I used to watch Pokemon from 5th to 7th grade... Ahh memories... The dialouge was so **** corny it was great.

Edited cuz my grammar sucked. FUX

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by Crono
I saw two anime box sets the other day. I could potentially buy them, but I want more information. Can anyone tell me about

Noir
and
Hellsing?

(A lot of you have mentioned Hellsing, but nobody Noir... and animeacademy.com's got reviews but I want some real input from one of you guys)

Also, I'm wondering if I'm the only person who's heard of RahXephon...
noir: i have two friends who've seen all of it and they love it. i've seen two or three eps and it's great. i just need to save up some money to start buying it.

i've got the first dvd of hellsing and it was cool. haven't heard much about it, but apparently the middle sorta lags out then the pace picks up like crazy at the end. and apparently when... dammit... that chick decides to let alucard use his full power on... that other... vampire person... (yeah, i don't remember names) it's total bad-***-ness.

and i've heard of rahxephon and seen the first ep. it got alot of flak at the beginning because it seems alot like an eva clone, but later on in the series it makes its own little niche and seems less eva-ish. so, basically, if you liked eva, go for it. if not, try it out and see what you think. everyone i've heard talking about it says it's a good anime.

and if you have broadband, go to gotwoot.net or animesuki.com and get bittorrent then get naruto. naruto is like dbz, only noncheezed to the extreme and it has ninjas. and there's guitar wailing. and ninjas. and they're cool. and NINJAS DAMMIT! GO GET IT!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got the first DVD of Noir and I love it, I think it's a really interesting anime. A bit slow at times and bamboozling, but yeah, it's really interesting. My friends have seen a bit more and they're enjoying it too.

I've heard of rahxephon, mainly cause I fell in love with the opening song (by my fav singer : P) and I have the eps to watch, but I just haven't gotten around to...actually watching it : P

I ish got the first 3 eps of Naruto to watch also, to find out what all the hype is about...sheeesh, I have too much anime to watch o.o

Dun know if I mentioned it before, but another anime I love is Groove Adventure Rave. Yes, very cheesy name, but it's a fun anime. One of those brightly coloured ones with lots of action but a lot of humor also. Fun ^^

And I don't know if anyone's mentioned it already (i haven't been keeping track of this thread ^_^; ) but another great one (which I prob did mention already actually) is Wolf's Rain. Same artists as Bebop I think and a lot of the Bebop voice actors are in this anime also. It's already gotten snapped up pretty quick so it should be out for purchse sooner or later : P The music is awesome too, very sleek (if I can describe it like that ^^') I've bought the soundtrack (yes I went to Japan and bought it : P) so if you're interested, go download the music.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Hmm, I have a lot of favorite animes. I'll just name two...

DragonBall
Ranma 1/2

I also have a few animes that I've only seen recently but like: Full Metal Panic and Samurai Deeper Kyo. Well it was more like a few months back but it was still fairly recent. I've only seen the first episode of each (NewType), but I like them.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by CORY
and if you have broadband, go to gotwoot.net or animesuki.com and get bittorrent then get naruto. naruto is like dbz, only noncheezed to the extreme and it has ninjas. and there's guitar wailing. and ninjas. and they're cool. and NINJAS DAMMIT! GO GET IT!
I've read vol. 1 of Naruto. It's great. I would love to see the anime, but that'll have to wait.

I would love to know the hype surrounding "One Piece".

And while on the subject of anime being made from manga that has appeared in Shonen Jump, Shaman King is actually a pretty good episode seeing as it IS on the Fox Box....
It's a bit kiddy though...seeing as it IS on the Fox Box.

Here's hoping for a Blade of the Immortal anime (check the siggy)
BA out..

Top Bottom