• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fatal Frame thread: Maiden of Black Water out for all major platforms today!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1635450565247.jpeg

Yes, apparently it’s not just the switch. A quick google search shows it’s out for PC, PS4/5 and current Xbox systems, huh.

What is Fatal Frame?

Fatal Frame, known as Zero in Japan and Project Zero in PAL regions, is a survival horror series developed by Koei Tecmo. You may recognize it from Smash 4’s Mayu and Mio trophy, and Ultimate’s Yuri Kozukata Assist Trophy. The series started in 2001 (2002? I may be off) for the PS2, and revolves around exploring haunted areas and exorcising vengeful spirits with a special camera known as the Camera Obscura. It has a total of five games in the series thus far, the latest being Maiden of Black Water, which debuted on the Wii U. Fatal Frame IV was a Japan-only Wii release and a remake of 2 (Crimson Butterfly) also for Wii was released only for Japan and PAL regions, NA missed out for some reason.

if the Maiden of Black Water rerelease does well I hope they rerelease all the games before then for all regions, even IV pls I love this series 🥺

Top Bottom