• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastest way to get Mii Hats

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been trying out a trick with Target Blast in that I keep resetting the course until I see the custom icon present on it. While I have been able to get some more equipment this way, I haven't gotten much, if any Mii hats from it.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying out a trick with Target Blast in that I keep resetting the course until I see the custom icon present on it. While I have been able to get some more equipment this way, I haven't gotten much, if any Mii hats from it.
How frequently do you get a custom item in target blast? I gave up on it because even with something like the villager trick you'd need to get a part every 2 - 3 resets in order to get 1 PPM (Part Per Minute). For comparison classic 9.0 averages just over 1 PPM and trophy rush can get as high as 1.75 if you're good at it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How frequently do you get a custom item in target blast? I gave up on it because even with something like the villager trick you'd need to get a part every 2 - 3 resets in order to get 1 PPM (Part Per Minute). For comparison classic 9.0 averages just over 1 PPM and trophy rush can get as high as 1.75 if you're good at it.
I've been using Little Mac while grinding for equipment at Target Blast. I've been trying to get Peach's Crown with him, but have often picked up hats that were not on your spreadsheet; I added the hats onto your spreadsheet. Amusingly, I actually got the Floral Hat with Little Mac just recently, so I'm only down to just two more hats now.

Panda Hat
Peach's Crown

Chyro

Smash Rookie
it's really strange, with villager i have only hat that didn't figure on the sheet.
I have add them but i'm really doubt about the theory of lanceking.
i'm still missing 4 hat. frog, dragon, lacy headband and captain falcon.

Last edited:

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
While the target blast trick isn't the fastest way, Its the only way I found I could grind while watching a movie. I got 2 hats while watching 2 movies with the villager trick.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh yeah, I just recently got the Panda Hat with Little Mac while playing Target Blast. I'm now down to just getting Peach's Crown.

ShadowKingSonic

Smash Rookie
I got Peach's Crown with Luigi on Classic at 9.0

Anyway, that Captain Falcon Helmet seems to be one of the worst for a hell of a lot of people.

By the by, someone claims to have gotten it with Ike on 9.0, but it wasn't me so I won't add it.

NEED THAT HELMET.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I finally did it. I just recently got my very last hat with Little Mac while playing Target Blast, and as a result, I've finally completed the challenge where you must collect all the custom outfits, headgear, and special moves.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Well, I finally did it. I just recently got my very last hat with Little Mac while playing Target Blast, and as a result, I've finally completed the challenge where you must collect all the custom outfits, headgear, and special moves.
Congrats, At least some of us are making progress T_T

ShadowKingSonic

Smash Rookie
Great job (lucky *******). Where did you get the Captain Falcon Helmet and who were you playing as?

Btw, this may be the wrong place to ask but has anyone else had some customs (anything from a wrench pentagon) obtained from Trophy Rush loop? I had the same customs show up at the same time once or twice. Do I have to do something to deal with this, or are the RNG gods simply being particularly rude to me?
Btw, I was playing as Greninja for over an hour straight.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ ShadowKingSonic ShadowKingSonic : It's pretty much a sheer luck moment. While your odds of getting Greninja's custom specials do increase whenever you're using Greninja, you're not guaranteed to get them every time; you could still get custom specials for fighters that you're not even using.

Shippunai

Smash Rookie
Has anyone gotten the mini top hat? its the only one im missing been grinding 16 hours for it e.e

ShadowKingSonic

Smash Rookie
@ ShadowKingSonic ShadowKingSonic : It's pretty much a sheer luck moment. While your odds of getting Greninja's custom specials do increase whenever you're using Greninja, you're not guaranteed to get them every time; you could still get custom specials for fighters that you're not even using.
Regardless, please tell me how you got that stupid helmet. I need serious help.

ShadowKingSonic

Smash Rookie
There's really no good way to get that headgear. It's all about getting lucky.
I dunno, on Gamefaqs someone got Wario's Cap with Dedede on Classic 6.0. I tried and it worked. So please tell me where and how you got the helmet. Any little bit helps. Because my luck is ass.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So, I'm beating classic on every intensity as Mii Brawler in hopes of finding something.

Managed to get Dog Ears on 0.3. Once. Tried again later to see if there was any consistency, but no. All the way to 2.9 and that's the only "rare" hat I've gotten.

Blerg, I'm hoping Amiibo rewards will give the hats, 'cause Streetsmash with 12 players isn't working either.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dunno, on Gamefaqs someone got Wario's Cap with Dedede on Classic 6.0. I tried and it worked. So please tell me where and how you got the helmet. Any little bit helps. Because my luck is ***.
I don't remember how I got it, so sorry. Besides, even if I did remember, it probably wouldn't help you much. It was just pure luck that I got Peach's Crown, as there are many other hats that Little Mac could've picked up instead.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've been grinding Target Blast (press pause and reset if there isn't a custom move) and I seem to get a random hat every 15 minutes of playing but that may be just my luck. It's working pretty well. The only random hat I'm still missing is Peach' Crown.
I still need the King's Crown as well, but that's a challenge reward. When I have those two hats, I've completed the Get all Customs challenge.

Last edited:

Chyro

Smash Rookie
okay so i still didn't have a single new hat, i'm really thinking about delete my save to increase my drop

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
okay so i still didn't have a single new hat, i'm really thinking about delete my save to increase my drop
While this might sound like a good idea, it will come back to haunt you when you have to redo everything all over again. Unlike past Smash Bros. titles, you have no option on what stuff you want to erase in Smash 3DS.

Chyro

Smash Rookie
i'm okay with that cause all the challenge except this one are easy to do. i have actually 600k gold, it's to much farming for only 4 hat

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i'm okay with that cause all the challenge except this one are easy to do. i have actually 600k gold, it's to much farming for only 4 hat
It's just a game of luck. Trophies are exactly like that as well, as I've struggled to get all the random trophies myself at times.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
So I have found this spread, gotta admit this is cool stuff. I'll try helping filling in the blanks, started with a few Mario hats. I just need nine more hats!

Edit: With this Classic Run alone I have found three hats which were not on Mario's list yet, one of which I had yet to get. I think we are onto something...

Last edited:

Shippunai

Smash Rookie
Well ive done trophy run for 172 times gettin bout 3-4 wrench pieces these were my results

wedding veil 2
dog ears 3
panda hat 2
hockey mask 2
pirate5
chiken hat1
football3
chomp hat 4
top hat2
chef 2
sheik 1
santa 1
shy guy1
floral 2
fancy pirate 1
1up hat1
peachs crown 2
waluigi 3
cow skull1
metaknight 1
mii force 2
dragon helm 3
lion 1
magic 1
barbara 3
beehive 1
daisys crown 1
spiney 1
spartan 2
red ribbon 1

still no sign of the mini top hat T_T

UPDATE FINALLY GOT THE MINI TOP HAT in trophy rush!!

what i have noticed is that sometimes hats spawn less if u keep playing the same mode for hours what i did was play other modes for a while and then grind trophy rush till i noticed that hats spawned less

Last edited:

Chyro

Smash Rookie
i have find a mini top hat on my new save in trophy rush with a mario character (I don't remember who)

but with what i see now, i'm almost sure, some hat can be drop only in a specific mode

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Okay, a friend had a crazy idea: Equiped Mii hats cannot be dropped. So I naturally go off to equiping every Mii hat I have on different Miis. Well, it didn't work. Then I realize he ment the one you were currently wearing. :facepalm: Well, no swimmer's caps yet.

Blarg, I'm tired and don't care if it's coherent ATM. Hat grinding has kept me up too long already...

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
Well ive done trophy run for 172 times gettin bout 3-4 wrench pieces these were my results

wedding veil 2
dog ears 1
panda hat 2
hockey mask 2
pirate5
chiken hat1
football3
chomp hat 4
top hat2
chef 2
sheik 1
santa 1
shy guy1
floral 1
fancy pirate 1
1up hat1
peachs crown 1
waluig i2
cow skull1
metaknight 1
mii force1
dragon helm1
lion 1
magic 1
barbara 1
beehive 1
daisys crown 1
spiney 1
spartan 1

still no sign of the mini top hat T_T
What character(s) were you playing as?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
So, currently I'm left with 5 as following:

• Mario Hat
  • Chomp Hat
  • Cow Skull Hat
  • Mini Top Hat
  • Frog Hat
Any tips?

PTHsmash

Smash Rookie
I got Peach's Crown with Luigi on Classic at 9.0

Anyway, that Captain Falcon Helmet seems to be one of the worst for a hell of a lot of people.

By the by, someone claims to have gotten it with Ike on 9.0, but it wasn't me so I won't add it.

NEED THAT HELMET.
I to have gotten the captain falcon helmet with Ike, but I have no idea what intensity I was on.

Last edited:

ShadowKingSonic

Smash Rookie
So, currently I'm left with 5 as following:

• Mario Hat
  • Chomp Hat
  • Cow Skull Hat
  • Mini Top Hat
  • Frog Hat
Any tips?
I got the Frog Hat from Target Blast.
I forget where I first got the Mini Top Hat but I saw it in Target Blast earlier this evening.

Now help me, where'd YOU get that Captain Falcon Helmet?

Shippunai

Smash Rookie
Finally got the mini top hat in trophy rush!! i finally completed everything now i can go back to having a freaking life till november 21st lol

I forget where I first got the Mini Top Hat but I saw it in Target Blast earlier this evening.

i usually get captain falcon helmet high intensity in classic mode around 8-9 with link

Marthmario

Smash Lord

Err... I believe it was Smash Run or classic.

ShadowKingSonic

Smash Rookie
Finally got the mini top hat in trophy rush!! i finally completed everything now i can go back to having a freaking life till november 21st lol

i usually get captain falcon helmet high intensity in classic mode around 8-9 with link
Err... I believe it was Smash Run or classic.
Well, I'm doing Classic on every intensity in increments of 1.0 as Ike (and also facing both final bosses when applicable), but Link'll be my next try. Thank god it's the characters who aren't a pain to use. I'm good at Villager and Shulk but their playstyles can go die in a fire.

Addition: Has anyone gotten their last hat in Classic or Smash Run? I really don't wanna grind Stadium or Trophy Rush. Where have you guys gotten your last hat, those of you who've completed this horrendous, terribly designed piece of RNG garbage?

Last edited:

Hunterjet

Smash Rookie
After grinding for all smash powers in smash run and then for all trophies in trophy rush and then for all custom moves in classic 7.9 I was only missing four hats:

Fancy Pirate Hat
Panda Hat
Floral Hat
Wedding Veil

I played a Smash or two with a Mii character so I didn't get a ton of character-specific rewards from target blast (though I don't think that helps at all really), then played target blast over and over with Villager, retrying if there was no custom item. I did this while watching One Piece, if not the most effective method it's at least the least boring. I got the first 3 hats the same day I started within only a few hours. Then the next day (sunday) I must've done that like 8 hours without the wedding veil showing up. Next time I played I did target blast for a while but got bored and proceeded to trophy rush as Donkey Kong. Got it in like 10 tries.

I really think it's completely random, though I thought the chance of getting new ones was much worse in classic, at least in 7.9.

I'm still not done, I still have 7 bonus effects on equipment to find. Those seemed pretty rare in all modes, I got 0 new ones while grinding custom moves and only 1 new one grinding hats. Since then I've only played Classic 9.0 once and got a new one right then, so maybe that's the way? Has anyone got them all?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
After grinding for all smash powers in smash run and then for all trophies in trophy rush and then for all custom moves in classic 7.9 I was only missing four hats:

Fancy Pirate Hat
Panda Hat
Floral Hat
Wedding Veil

I played a Smash or two with a Mii character so I didn't get a ton of character-specific rewards from target blast (though I don't think that helps at all really), then played target blast over and over with Villager, retrying if there was no custom item. I did this while watching One Piece, if not the most effective method it's at least the least boring. I got the first 3 hats the same day I started within only a few hours. Then the next day (sunday) I must've done that like 8 hours without the wedding veil showing up. Next time I played I did target blast for a while but got bored and proceeded to trophy rush as Donkey Kong. Got it in like 10 tries.

I really think it's completely random, though I thought the chance of getting new ones was much worse in classic, at least in 7.9.

I'm still not done, I still have 7 bonus effects on equipment to find. Those seemed pretty rare in all modes, I got 0 new ones while grinding custom moves and only 1 new one grinding hats. Since then I've only played Classic 9.0 once and got a new one right then, so maybe that's the way? Has anyone got them all?
I'd try playing different intensities. I never got a hard breaker equip above 2.0.

Top Bottom