• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastest way to get Mii Hats

takanari

Smash Rookie
I just need that Captain Falcon Helmet and 9.0 without losing a single life!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Apologies for the necro, but I'd like to ask about hat collection on WiiU. Has anyone collected them all, because just like on 3DS, I'm stuck with one more hat to collect - the Santa Hat - and I've pretty much run though hundreds, if not thousands of hats(via Crazy Orders, Classic, and Target Blast) without receiving that prize.

Are there any secret tips that can be offered here?

Pointlessgraphics

Smash Rookie
Apologies for the necro, but I'd like to ask about hat collection on WiiU. Has anyone collected them all, because just like on 3DS, I'm stuck with one more hat to collect - the Santa Hat - and I've pretty much run though hundreds, if not thousands of hats(via Crazy Orders, Classic, and Target Blast) without receiving that prize.

Are there any secret tips that can be offered here?
I've been going for all hats too and at first I was doing Crazy Orders and kept getting old hats. Then I tried trophy rush with Miis. Nothing at first. But eventually I got 4 new hats that I needed (Red shell, Mii force, Super Mushroom and Wario) I believe I have one or two hats left and the mii method seems to be working for me so that's what I'll continue to do, usually a new hat every hour or two... Hope this helps!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Trophy Rush is the best option to get new stuff, for me, just because you can do it almost mindlessly and faster :p

In every other single player mode you need to wait through credits/menus/animations whatever. Time 10 trophy rushes and time 10 classic modes at 9.0 and tell me which one takes a stupid amount of time.

Pointlessgraphics

Smash Rookie
Trophy Rush is the best option to get new stuff, for me, just because you can do it almost mindlessly and faster :p

In every other single player mode you need to wait through credits/menus/animations whatever. Time 10 trophy rushes and time 10 classic modes at 9.0 and tell me which one takes a stupid amount of time.
What character (s) did you use in Trophy rush? I have the same last hat that you had (Captain Falcon) and I've done around 200 trophy rushes with mii alone and no luck :(

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I used my Mii Brawler in the 3DS version, using Palutena with heavenly light in Wii U. Because OP-for-trophy-rush move is OP :V

Chyro

Smash Rookie
did the mii sharing can help us to unlock the missing mii hat if we download a mii with those hat ?

Lt. Backup

Smash Rookie
NNID
LtBackup
Hi all. New poster here. Felt the urge to contribute an observation.

It seems to me that the classic roulette drops tend to favor character from the stage that you play on (for Wii U at least). So the DK 64 stage drops a lot of custom items for DK and Diddy, etc. I notice that the fighting mii team stage and crazy/master hand stage tend to drop more custom hats/outfits. In case anyone is grinding classic mode for hats, this might be helpful to you. Gotta save the big item spins for these stages!

I just need the Mii Force Helmet and the Mini Top Hat! I haven't recorded specific drops, but my main 3 characters that I tend to play in the single player modes are Fox, Mega Man, and Mario (I gave him the home run bat for the crazy orders challenge). I wonder if the game requires a certain amount of time to pass before it gives you new items, as it seems that some people are getting new items in bursts...hmm.

Last edited:

Lt. Backup

Smash Rookie
NNID
LtBackup
I finally got my last hat (mii force helmet)! Afked in smash tour, but turned custom characters on for the first time in that mode. Came back in time to win the final battle and got it!

Probs coincidence, but i also hit the 1000 turns in smash tour milestone on that run. So who knows if any of these factors played a role.

Good luck to you all!

KingRaatz

Smash Rookie
well after a million hours of grinding im only missing the mini top hat anyone have any tips on getting it?
YES! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!
...Ahem. Sorry. The Mini Top Hat has given me the slip for an entire WEEK! Thinking of going through Classic at 7.0 with all characters to see if i can get it that way. I'm really on my limit here...

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
Just got my final Mii headgear in the 3DS version, the Mini Top Hat minutes ago. I played as the default-colored non-customized Greninja on Classic on 7.0. My heart stopped when I saw that thing on the "Final Results" screen.

Anyways, this also means that I have finished all of the 3DS challenges without using a single golden hammer.

Adorable Knight

Smash Rookie
What I want to know is how to get the red shell hat in the wii u version. For some reason it feels like each copy of the game has a different set of common drops for the hats. Everyone keeps on saying how they get different drops than what others are getting. For example, if someone needs one more hat and it's the panda hat, they can't get it for some reason. When I try to get hats, I constantly get it. This RNG is messed up.

Yomii High Lights

Smash Rookie
Hello, I play Smash Bros. 3DS more then a week and I´m missing 5 Hats among them the Peach wig.
I always play Smash Adventure, Trophy Rush and I always get Mii Hats I already have. This game is getting me in rage.
Is there really no other way to play this stupid Smash Run and Trophy Rush. I´m not good at the wheel in Classic I tried to use the pause function but I so often miss the wrench. This game is really get to annoying.
Can you say me a way please to get fast Mii Hats I´m really on my limit.

Well there isin't much to do... but grind them tropgy rush and smash run are way to slow... so you can do clasic 7.5-8.0 or up and when the rotation starts press home so it slows down... once you se the red wrench [not in the middle but just before it goes through] leave A pressed... another way is Target Smash... with mii fighter, just get a hang of it... also if there is no wrench restart...

Yomii High Lights

Smash Rookie
Missing the Santa Hat :c been ad it for months now.... btw if it works i used Ness, Lucina, Mewtwo [cuz he has no custom moves] to get the following:
Mario's Cap
Panda Hat
Cow Skull Hat
At 8.0.... usualy Ness is better back throw OP

EpicBaller

Smash Rookie
I mostly just have a 8 player smash with amiibos only and they seem to give me at least one or two hats.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Either I'm just absurdly lucky, or the Mewtwo patch made them like 1000 times more common. Got the last four hats from Crazy orders, and never more then seven rounds in.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Right now, I have one more hat on the 3ds version. The Captain Falcon Helmet. Wii U version, I got them all. My question is that, is this through sheer luck, or is there a certain method to them? That's all I wanted to know. I have been trying to get this final hat for months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom