• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Faster than Peach's grab?

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
Does Samus have any moves that would be able to outspeed peach's grab after a shielded aerial? It seems as if whenever im at high percent and the, match is on the line, that I badly space a nair or a dair and get shieldgrabbed into a fthrow, and I lose. :ohwell:

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
u mean ur doing an aerial into their shield? i think that only the jab and upB are the only things faster than the grab. i think im gunna leave this to one of the pros because i really dont know lol. imo u should learn to space ur aerials better instead of trying to jab after ur aerial because i can never seem to get that to work.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
According to my personal experience, I've always been able to get a jab out faster than the Peach could grab after a nair or a dair, unless I missed the l-cancel. And (I think, I'm not completely sure if I'm getting what these various terms mean correctly) SuperDoodleMan's frame data on Samus and Peach backs me up on this. It says that the strong hit of Samus' nair gives you a +1 frame advantage, and her dair gives you +2. So, taking into account that Samus' jab comes out faster than Peach's grab, you should be able to jab first.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah IHSB is right. Also you can try spotdodging right when you hit the ground so they will miss the grab and you can pumish her for that. Make sure not to be predictable with it though.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Honestly if you l-cancel your jab should work. Try it in training mode, sex kick to jab, fair to jab, dair to jab, uair to jab. You will really realize how fast it comes out. It should look like as soon as you hit the ground your hand is instantly out.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
The problem u are having is that you are hitting the upper most part of her sheild. In this case she gets the sheild grab off. If you wait until u are closer to the ground and then nair you wont get sheild grabbed. I have assumed you are going to Lcancle and jab. But this works with all arials that are one hit. If you hit up high on the sheild u are more open to getting punished.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
The problem u are having is that you are hitting the upper most part of her sheild. In this case she gets the sheild grab off. If you wait until u are closer to the ground and then nair you wont get sheild grabbed. I have assumed you are going to Lcancle and jab. But this works with all arials that are one hit. If you hit up high on the sheild u are more open to getting punished.
If this is the problem, you can also space yourself to you do a nair or dair behind her, which makes it impossible to shield grab, but do watch out for a dsmash.

Top Bottom