• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fast wavedashing

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
So this is probably the silliest question ever but

http://www.twitch.tv/mang0/b/546151751

At around 49:21 a game starts on battlefield and mango starts doing a little tech workout and for the life of me I can't figure out how his grounded movement is as fast as it is.

Is this all wavedashing or is there a trick I'm not seeing here? I've been working on this for weeks now and I'm practically convinced that my shoulder button simply isn't depressing fast enough to pull this off, does anyone have tips for this?

Massive

Smash Champion
The video frame rate is 30fps, while melee runs at 60fps in person. Your brain puts both together into fluid motion, but at 30fps you don't see all the inbetween frames you're used to at 60fps, making each movement more dramatic and visible.

Mango does have very fast inputs, but he isn't superhuman, it's just an optical illusion.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I still can't get my jiggs from point a to b without leaving the ground as fast as his is going, is that also just part of the illusion?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
It's simply "Perfect Wavedash", wavedashing at the optimal angle. Jigglypuff has a relatively fast/good perfect wavedash. You do it by holding the control stick as close the diagonal as possible. I recommend practicing it with Jiggs because her ground movement is not very fast otherwise.

Top Bottom