• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast Wave dashers

Segnifs

Smash Cadet
I'm looking for fast wave dashers / dash dancers to watch any recommendations are appreciated. :011:

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much any Luigi main has blazing fast Wavedashes and platform/ground movement-

Blea Gelo
Abate
Eddy Mexico

Samus mains also rely on Wavedashing a lot-

Hugs
Duck

And then there is AmSa who pretty effortlessly makes Yoshi look as fast as Falcon with his platform and ground movement/Wavedashes

All these character happen to have some of the longest/fastest Wavedashes, not sure if that correlates with your question. Marth and Fox have phenomenal Wavedashes too but it's used more sparingly to space Smashes, Ledge Dashes, and grabs

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I remember there was one old video of Zhu's Fox versus maybe HBox (I don't remember) and Zhu was doing a smokeless dash dance, so if you actually just want super rapid inputs try to find that. If you are looking for fantastic ground game watch PPMD or Leffen when he wins (when he loses it can get more sloppy).

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
He loses because his dash dance game gets sloppy, not the other way round :D
What I meant was when he is losing I think he tends to get flustered and then does notably worse, and he seems to do less thinking in the neutral when he is down.

Last edited:

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
May not be exactly what you're looking for but basically any high level Ganon. G-dorf is really slow and he absolutely requires good platform / WD / Waveland movement to stay mobile and not get hit. In addition a lot of his shenanigans involve some manner of waveland off a platform into aerial / waveland grab / whatever.

Top Bottom