• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fast pikmin pulling!!

IllidR

Smash Champion
god dang, i was worried about how easily olimar would get his pikmin, and i have no reason to worry now. this guy plucks those things so fast, he can pluck all 6 in like 1.5 secs. cuhrazee...peace

-hiro
Yeahh, Olimar is way faster than I once anticipated him, which gives me even more hopes for playing him. He has some pretty quick drawing which means he will never be without a good supply of Pikmin by his side.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya it\'s good it doesn\'t take a while i guess they wanted it to be fast because he uses them for all his specials and some of his attacks.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they did it to balance the game

i think this is more closer to the original smash

there's gonna be a group of amazing characters, the rest of the characters will fall in the middle, then another group of really bad characters

flyingmule

Smash Cadet
Most of the players I've seen are TERRIBLE. Keeping max pikmin out at a time is extremely important because of how they level up the longer they survive.

The Loner

Smash Rookie
Most of the players I've seen are TERRIBLE. Keeping max pikmin out at a time is extremely important because of how they level up the longer they survive.
Yeah I see what you mean in some videos the player keeps one pikmin out and expects that using the chain pikmin attack will help him recover.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
So far I've only seen one noteworthy P&O 1vs1, and that would be the one with Lucario at the Battlefield. When I saw it, it was like a breath of fresh air, like finally, someone actually properly used him/them! But anyway, the fast Pikmin pluck was no surprise. It was pretty much a given, having the moveset that he does.

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
So far I've only seen one noteworthy P&O 1vs1, and that would be the one with Lucario at the Battlefield. When I saw it, it was like a breath of fresh air, like finally, someone actually properly used him/them! But anyway, the fast Pikmin pluck was no surprise. It was pretty much a given, having the moveset that he does.
Could you link to that video?

The only REALLY good P&O video I've seen is one of Target Smash, where it just seems like an army is slowly decimating the targets. He actually just throws them away and on their way back it seems like they get a few targets each :D

Yeah, without speedy-pluckin' Olimar would've been on the fast-track to Suckville. Population: Pichu.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
LOL, "suckville, population: pichu." But hey the video I was talking about is coincidentally - though not surprisingly - in the video sticky of this forum. It's under the Battlefield section of the post.

k0oguy

Smash Rookie
olimar is really good, actually i think hes a little broken, he cant use **** when he doesnt have pikman but its rare when he doesnt have any plus he can pick them really fast and as your fighting him he can dodge while piking so its hard to hit him when hes picking pikmans, plus he range throwing the pikmans. hes going to be a hard match for a lot of people including pros.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
They level up?! O_O
They might be referring to the leaf>bud>flower cycle that the Pikmin go through. What effect the cycle has is still currently unknown as far as I know. Though one thing's for sure: it has nothing to do with raising their damage output. Most speculate that it's a defensive thing; the longer your Pikmin survives, or the older they get, the more they bloom and the more durable they get. None of that is 100% confirmed though. The only thing we know is that they do go through such a cycle, just like in the Pikmin games.

Top Bottom