• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast falling uair help

Geese

Smash Cadet
I have the problem that on some characters i cant combo uairs since they are fast faller. I know the way to fix this is fast fall after each uair, but when i do that i lose the forward momentum needed to keep it going and people get out, any helpful tips with this?

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I have the problem that on some characters i cant combo uairs since they are fast faller. I know the way to fix this is fast fall after each uair, but when i do that i lose the forward momentum needed to keep it going and people get out, any helpful tips with this?
You need to set a trigger to jump and set cstick to attack. Jump w/ trigger, uair w/ cstick, control aerial mobility w/ analog.He reason to set c stick to attack is because smash stick limits ur aerial mobility because it prevents you from using the analog stick when it is pressed

Geese

Smash Cadet
You need to set a trigger to jump and set cstick to attack. Jump w/ trigger, uair w/ cstick, control aerial mobility w/ analog.He reason to set c stick to attack is because smash stick limits ur aerial mobility because it prevents you from using the analog stick when it is pressed
Already got those set, set r to jump a while ago for other chars i mained and soublesticking, i just need to keep moving forward when i do it so i cn keep them in it, but when i push down to fast fall i lose my forward momentum

Last edited:

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
I reccomend clawing your controller for the fast fall up air strings. That way your pointer finger is resting on the jump button and your thumb is on the c stick pressing up while your left thumb has the mobility to move left right and down without haveing to press up in between. I use this method and i can do fast fall up airs very very consistantly. It just takes practise.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I reccomend clawing your controller for the fast fall up air strings. That way your pointer finger is resting on the jump button and your thumb is on the c stick pressing up while your left thumb has the mobility to move left right and down without haveing to press up in between. I use this method and i can do fast fall up airs very very consistantly. It just takes practise.
you dont need to do this if u have trigger jump smh

Already got those set, set r to jump a while ago for other chars i mained and soublesticking, i just need to keep moving forward when i do it so i cn keep them in it, but when i push down to fast fall i lose my forward momentum
you're not doing things fast enough or with the right timing then. just need to practice

Last edited:

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
you dont need to do this if u have trigger jump smh

you're not doing things fast enough or with the right timing then. just need to practice
Its personal preferance and i use my right trigger for spehial...... i co main sheik so this controll setup works for both.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
One thing that may help--not to do with up air itself--is to land the sour hit of dash attack. That way they get sent nearly straight above you and initiating the string is technically easier. On fast fallers, I find it much easier to do FF up air combos at pre-tumble %'s with the 80-degree hitbox of dash attack. The difference between the strong and soft hits of DA in performing the combo is especially noticeable on heavy fast-fallers like Ryu and Falcon, because their combination of weight and fall speed results in them taking very little knockback from up air before tumble %'s, meaning you have to be perfectly precise if you want to get max damage off of up air strings on them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom