• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast Fall Timing Mess Up

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, I practiced shuffles with Marth on a small CRT TV (smash TV) and had my fast fall timing on point. Nice and smooth with my aerials and fast falls. I go play on a large tube TV and suddenly my fast fall timing is off and it just feels weird. How can this be possible? I thought these TV's have the same amount of lag...meaning none. I would appreciate any clarification on this. Thank you in advance.

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
It's possible that your standards for fast fall timing increased between the time on the small crt and the large tube tv.

You can learn the rhythm of pressing jump and down on the control stick if you think you are reacting to the apex of your jump.

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
When you say that my standards for fast fall timing increased you mean I have to fast fall earlier when playing on the larger CRT TV?

Top Bottom