• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast Fall Bair

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
So, I suck with ZSS, Short hop game, like really suck, so I've been messing around trying to get good with her, when i learned fast fall b air can hit grounded opponents and short characters. Though in order to do it, it seems like the fast fall input and the bair input (from control stick) have to be entered at literally the same time (as I'm still messing this up) you can see an example in the video.

The fast fall Fair does work too, but the first hit has very little knock back and only 5% damage, so they'll be able to retaliate upon landing.

This has probably been discovered by someone already (likely already a post on it somewhere), but I couldn't find it so here it is.

Chewmuncher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chewmuncher
3DS FC
4682-8634-2496
I've been practicing this as well as I feel like I'm in the same situation as you. Try inputting the bair first with the c-stick, then fast fall immediately, not so much as at the exact time, but following the c-stick. I find it's more accurate to hit shorter characters.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've always done this when fishing for kills as I would space with Bair instead of nair so if they made a mistake I would get the kill.

4EverSupport

Smash Rookie
Are you using the up tilt to jump? I recently turned mine off and am now using the X/Y buttons exclusively. It's 10x easier to short hop more consistently in my opinion. (granted it took a little getting used to)

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Are you using the up tilt to jump? I recently turned mine off and am now using the X/Y buttons exclusively. It's 10x easier to short hop more consistently in my opinion. (granted it took a little getting used to)
Yeah, I turned off tap jump, using y for jump for a while, its much easier to do it consistently offline than online

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Yeah, I turned off tap jump, using y for jump for a while, its much easier to do it consistently offline than online
It's even easier if you use z to jump on gc or l/r on the pro controller because your thumb is free that way.
I just recently switched and it feels so much more comfortable now.

pikanag

Smash Rookie
do you guys use the A button to nair? or the c stick. i like using the c stick cuz i can still move while attacking, without accidently down A-ing or side a-ing, but its hard to do nairs, cuz u have to do a perfect diagnol input.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
do you guys use the A button to nair? or the c stick. i like using the c stick cuz i can still move while attacking, without accidently down A-ing or side a-ing, but its hard to do nairs, cuz u have to do a perfect diagnol input.
I use A because I want to keep the pivot smashes.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
It's even easier if you use z to jump on gc or l/r on the pro controller because your thumb is free that way.
I just recently switched and it feels so much more comfortable now.
Never thought of that, I got to give that a shot

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yeah the C-stick is much easier thats what i use all the time now.
How do you do it is it holding a direction and flicking c stick (because c stick interfers with the directionAL inputs fromy analog stick) ?

I still have c stick set to smash so I'm wondering I really wish we could have a button designated to Nair. *sigh*

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
How do you do it is it holding a direction and flicking c stick (because c stick interfers with the directionAL inputs fromy analog stick) ?

I still have c stick set to smash so I'm wondering I really wish we could have a button designated to Nair. *sigh*
If yours is set to smash you should only flick it or it will block your analog stick.
If you set your stick to attack you can hold it and if you press the c stick diagonally you will do a nair.
This makes pivot smashing pretty hard though.
I for one will stick to smash for now.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
To make FF bair easier, hold down on the control stick while inputting bair with the c-stick.
You will automatically fast-fall if you input the bair after the apex of your jump.

Top Bottom