• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast Fall Aerials

Rosalina & Luma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-3570-2002
How viable do you guys think it is? I've been experimenting with BAIR, and FAIR. Seems like it would be okay for catching people off guard if they try to read a roll, or shield when you land from a jump.

Great_Shell

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-0705-3507
I usually combo with Dthrow at low percentages, Fair and Bair are great for off stage shenanigans. Now that I think about it, I don't know what Fast Fall Aerials are could you explain?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I usually combo with Dthrow at low percentages, Fair and Bair are great for off stage shenanigans. Now that I think about it, I don't know what Fast Fall Aerials are could you explain?
Fast falling is when you tap down on the control stick while you're already falling to fall a bit faster. Fast falling an aerial is basically what it sounds like; do an aerial, then fast fall to minimize the time you spend airborne. Depending on the aerial, the timing to do so will vary so as to avoid landing lag, but the concept is the same.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
ive been enjoying mixing things up on approach with FF bairs, they have 0 landing lag at any point in the animation. her sh is a little slow so its not great spammers but it's pretty nice. big huge disjointed hitbox in the back. good for shield pressure.

i've toyed with using ff nair to trigger luma's nair if it's close by, your opponent might not even see you threw a nair out but luma still does the full attack animation after you've landed. less useful than ffing bairs since there's still landing lag but a little mindgame to throw out every so often.

sometimes i can sneak a ff fair out and just hit with the beginning animation but it's pretty unreliable. can hit under shields if they're small enough, though.

edit: just noticed i was wrong about the lack of landing lag on bair but it still seems pretty quick

Last edited:
Top Bottom