• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Farmers Fight 3 [Project M]

Farmers Fight 3 [Project M]
Posted by G-Rabbit
Lincoln Recreation Center
Saturday, February 6, 2016 - 10:30 AM
Until: Saturday, February 6, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

Project M Tourney
February 6th, 2016
College Station, TX

Hosted by: G-Rabbit
< Venue >
Lincoln Recreation Center
1000 Eleanor St, College Station, TX 77840

< Schedule >
Venue opens at 10:30 AM! If bringing a setup, please be present by 11:30 AM.
Tournament Schedule
***Registration for each event will end 20 minutes prior to the event***
12:00PM| PM Doubles Doubles begin (Capped at 32 teams)
3:00PM| PM Singles begin (Capped at 128 entrants)
Important: Free Pizza Lunch Break shortly after the first round of Singles Bracket!!!
6:00PM| Side event begins
9:00PM| Regional Crew Battle Tourney
  • Registration for all events and venue fee collection will start at 11:00 AM and end 20 minutes prior to each respective event.
  • Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary. Helps keep payout pools separate without too much hassle.
  • Full setups must arrive before 11:00 AM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.
< Entry Info >
Venue Fee: $10 per person ($5 if you bring a full setup)
Project M Singles: $10 per person
Project M Doubles: $10 per team
Side Event: $1 per person

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament and bring the following.
What to Bring:
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above)
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup, we will refunded $5 of your venue fee (must be there by 11:00 AM for the refund).
A full Project M setup is a CRT TV, Wii, Brawl disc (or ISO), and SD card with PM v3.6 AND the Farmers Fight Custom SSS files (Will be uploaded soon).

Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

<48 Entrants
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

48-63 Entrants
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

64-95
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each

>96 Entrants
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each
7th: 2.5% each

< Rules >
Project M Ruleset:
  • Pools will occur only if bracket exceeds 64 entrants
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
  • Items OFF and set to NONE
  • Buffer OFF
  • Auto L-Cancel OFF
  • All sets are best of 3, except finals which are best of 5 (Bo5 sets with scale with the amount of entrants)
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Gigabowser and Wario Man are Banned.
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "1-2-1" fashion:

Starters
  • Green Hill Zone (Singles Only)
  • Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Delfino's Secret
  • Dreamland (Doubles Only)
Counterpicks
  • Wario Land (Singles Only)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Distant Planet
  • Norfair (Doubles Only)
After each match:
  1. Winner chooses their character
  2. Loser chooses their character
  3. Winner announces TWO stage bans, effective for only one round
  4. Loser chooses counterpick stage
***Yes you read that right. This tourney will feature character counterpicks BEFORE stage counterpicks***

Additional Rules:
  • Sudden Death: If a match ends with both players dying at the exact same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock, 3:00 minute rematch will be played out on the same stage.
  • Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Performance altering controller modifications (Turbo/Macro buttons) are not allowed.
Doubles-Specific Rules:
  • Life stealing is allowed
  • Friendly Fire is turned ON
Random All-Star Specific Rules:
  • $1 Entry, Single Elimination, Winner-take-all payout
  • All matches until Finals are Bo3, Finals will be Bo5
  • Special Versus; All-Star turned ON
  • Only "Random" is allowed to be selected on the CSS. If you accidentally select another character, they can be deselected by clicking the CSP or exiting out to the main menu. Caught selecting your roster for a match is cheating and grounds for disqualification.
  • All stages on Random Select turned ON
  • Game 1 is played on a random stage, Loser counterpicks the stage for successive games (all stages legal and no bans/strikes from the winner).
Crew Battle Tourney Specific Rules
  • Stock control turned ON
  • Single elimination tourney. 4 teams.
  • Invite only. Austin, College Station, Houston, and San Antonio will provide a crew of 5 players to participate.
  • Once Round 1 has began, alternates may not be used.
  • Crews will share their lineup of players as well as character selection with their opponents before their match.
  • Players are character locked once their crew battle starts, but not for the whole tournament.
  • If a player switches their character going from Round 1 to Round 2, the opposing team must be made aware.
  • The first match in the crew battle is double blind. From then on, crews may elect which player to put in next. Players will remain fighting until they have lost all four of their stocks.
  • Stage selection will be random every game between Smashville, Battlefield, and Pokemon Stadium 2.

Code of Conduct:
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out completely or in losers bracket.
If you have any questions, need housing, or need help finding the venue, please send me a message or reply on this thread.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

DJJD

Smash Rookie
You I'm so excited to hear that there is a smash tourney that is happening so close to where I live for once. How many people are you expecting to show up? Def going to try to attend this.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
You I'm so excited to hear that there is a smash tourney that is happening so close to where I live for once. How many people are you expecting to show up? Def going to try to attend this.
I am currently estimating in the 80-100 range, but it can easily get bigger than that. If you're in the College Station area, we host tournaments for all Smash games all the time. We have three weeklies for Melee, PM, and Smash 4 respectively and I recently started a biweekly for 64. To get more detailed information, check out the Facebook group in my signature, College Station Smash Bros. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/205428649667016/)

Last edited:

@KJK

Smash Rookie
Hey, is there anything happening January 30th for Smash at College Station. Looking at getting my head a little wet before jumping straight into a tourney. Are there any people at A&M getting together to play?

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is there anything happening January 30th for Smash at College Station. Looking at getting my head a little wet before jumping straight into a tourney. Are there any people at A&M getting together to play?
I think I saw you post on the Facebook group. It's a bit early in the morning for most, but I'm sure someone will start doing something in the afternoon. The next time I plan on hosting is on Monday for my 64 biweekly. I'm taking this weekend off.

Top Bottom