• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fantastique Ice Climbers Discovery

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
FANTASTIQUE ICE CLIMBERS DISCOVERY
I'm pretty sure no one else has found this yet since I often hear people comment about how they don't have as many desynch options as they did in Melee. But what is it that I'm pretty sure no one else has found? In Brawl, the Ice Climbers now have the most versatile desynching method ever:

*You can desynch from any attack that hits the opponent, excluding the jab, Belay, or Ice Block.*

This means you can combo into your combos. I'm not COMPLETELY sure how this works, but Nintendude and I both think it's because of the insane hitbox lag in the game. Whenever you connect an attack, it slows for a second, and it gives you the window to input your desynch commands. It also explains why it's easier on laggier moves.

I made a video to show to what I'm talking about. Please note that you can do this technique with any attack except the ones mentioned above, but in the video I only used the Up smash, Fair, and Up tilt. The music is Fantastique by k-os.

*Will be posted when Youtube and Veoh stop sucking*

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Actually... yeah. I've posted this in the de-sync thread.

What I've also noticed is that, as in the Squall Hammer, there is a short period of time when Popo and Nana are perfectly synched (which never happens otherwise). I believe this is somehow related to the Squall and Hit De-syncs. For example, taunt at the end of an f-smash, continuously taunt, and it should look like Nana isn't even there.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I kinda figured we'd be able to desynch from the hitlag. Is it like the tipper desynch or can it be done from both attacks connecting?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Both attacks connect. Test it out in training mode to see the number of hits. The one exception seems to be that you can't desynch from an f-air spike, but you can when it hits away. I can't figure that one out.

Anyways, I recently found out that the roll/taunt/spotdodge desynchs from Melee had the same mechanic. There was a period of time when you could desynch, and a period of time where they were perfectly synched. We could never explain those, so I'm unsure if we'll ever be able to explain this.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Why isn't this discussed more in depth? This is a good desynch and I've been using it more and more lately.

Ftilt->Block chaser
SHNair->Nana FFBlock-> chase
SHBair-> Reverse Block Chaser
Utilt-> N Uair -> P Uair

CMON PEOPLE! There are so many possibilities for this.

Also, I think there is a way to desynch form the jabs. I think the timing is just REALLY strict.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've known about this from playing around desyncing by hitting the sandbad qhile waiting for a match to start on wifi. You have to be quick about it, but it works. I personally don't desync from this because after I hit I tend to like to chase after my opponent.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I've known about this from playing around desyncing by hitting the sandbad qhile waiting for a match to start on wifi. You have to be quick about it, but it works. I personally don't desync from this because after I hit I tend to like to chase after my opponent.
That's why I do alot of block chasers. It gives you decent control of the ground, it leaves Nana safely behind for a bit. If they sheild the block, you grab. If they knock the block away, you grab/attack them out of the lag. If they try to jump over, you juggle them with Uairs. Yes, you're sacrificing extra damage BUT, you're gaining more control of the field, which make up for the lost damage anyways.

B0NK

Smash Lord
The only one I tend to use is Utilt-> N Uair -> P Uair because it comes naturally to me to use the U-air after an U-tilt. I never thought about using Ice Block chasers with this. I'll try it out when I get a chance. Sounds like a useful strategy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I thought this was common knowledge :/.

Top Bottom