• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fantastic R.O.B. video (almost all moves shown!)

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
WiFi Wars recently uploaded a video which is, by far, the best representation of R.O.B. currently available on the internet. Very high quality, no items, one on one against Young Link on Battlefield. It looks like he does every move at least once, including all smashes, tilts, and aerials. The only ones I see missing are the back and up throws, Final Smash (can be seen on Brawl Central if you haven't yet), and I think one taunt. It's Match 4 on the list...it takes a long time to load, but it's definitely worth it if you're at all curious about how he fights.

http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/75

Alternate YouTube link (lower quality, no load time issues): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWhes1noXRM

A few key observations:

• In addition to laser vision and deathray vision, R.O.B. now officially has HEAT VISION. Never look him in the eye!
  • The up-smash seems like his best KO move. It takes out Young Link at around 100%.
  • The down-aerial gives him an upward boost of momentum regardless of whether or not it hits an opponent. It's also a nasty meteor smash.
  • The back-aerial propels him forward and sends enemies at a really low trajectory. Young Link gets totally mindgame'd by it at about 1:30. Looks great for edgeguarding.
  • The neutral-B laser beam seems to have a lot more knockback than usual every once in a while. I'm not sure if you can charge it up, if it's a random occurrence, or if it's based on range.
  • The up-aerial and sidestep dodge are pretty much the most adorable things I've ever seen.

I kind of liked the idea of R.O.B. from the beginning, but the more I see of him, the more excited I get to play him. I particularly like the way his aerial game is turning out...the trajectory-altering moves look neat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Neutral B works like Wariowaft...

In other words, it needs some time to charge (itself)...

LUCKILY, it's not that much time

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Unable to connect to database server

If you still have to install Drupal, proceed to the installation page.

If you have already finished installing Drupal, this either means that the username and password information in your settings.php file is incorrect or that we can't connect to the MySQL database server. This could mean your hosting provider's database server is down.

The MySQL error was: Lost connection to MySQL server during query.

Currently, the username is leeharris100 and the database server is mysql.wifiwars.com.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

For more help, see the Installation and upgrading handbook. If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your hosting provider.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is R.O.B.'s victory theme from Stack-up because it's not from Gyromite

Zevox

Smash Lord
Wow. I love that video - R.O.B. beating on Toon Link (one of the two characters in the game I absolutely did not want in) is absolutely priceless for me.

I think Psycho is right about the laser - the longer you wait to use it, the stronger it gets, just like the Wario Waft. Should make for a nice support attack, since it seems that at higher charges it moves quickly enough that avoiding or blocking it will be nearly impossible unless they're at a pretty long range. Perhaps it will be a good way to finish a recovering foe, too.

That down aerial is pretty nasty looking - helps with recovery and has some good knockback on it. Actually, most of his attacks that use his thrusters seem like pretty good attacks.

I agree with DarkPaladin about the entrance - very creative and nice to see.

Oh, and I absolutely love that grab and down toss of his (about 1:14 in the video). Drill slamming them into the ground - now thats pretty darn cool.

Zevox

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Think of R.O.B. as the new Game & Watch of Brawl (And not in the clone sense, in the nostalgic sense!).

And I agree, the more I see of him the more enjoyable he looks to play. :D

Vro

Smash Lord
Good find and thread. He reminds me of Mewtwo.. fighting awkwardly.

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Wow, he looks incredibly good, to the point that I'm a little worried about balance. I'm probably jumping the gun, though.

chimpxstyle

Smash Cadet
Rob = Megazord = Jonny5

I am currently maining ROB. Only trouble I have so far is fighting Falco. He is a bit awkward at first but he is entirely possible to play and quite a daunting opponent. He can easily soak up damage and has excellent recovery. He is really quite fun to play. Some videos of me playing will be up in a day or so under the tag Chimp (except one match where I forgot to change names with Chen.) He isn't top teir material, possibly high though. (edit) I also play much better than the ROB in the video. I am not trashing the guy but he doesn't use him to his potential.(/edit)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey Chimp, that's great to hear! I'd imagine that you'd probably use ROB's down B attack more, right? It looks like a really great move and seems like it could be very annoying if used properly.

chimpxstyle

Smash Cadet
I charge up ROB's disc whenever I can. Fully charged it does about 20% and the disc spins for a while on screen. You can the pick up the disc and throw it. However so can your opponent. I use a lot of crazy laser antics(I love the seemingly random super laser that comes out) and Nair.

Kruton

Smash Ace
He is definitely a hard hitting machine. He looks sickly. I might consider using him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Having been interested by R.O.B. for a bit, I can say one thing: his spinning attack makes Mario's Mario Tornado attack look worthless.:cool: It looks as though he will be quite the potent fighter(his neutral B is deadly:eek:)!

artarian

Smash Journeyman
i dont think that ROB's down air is a meteor smash. playing around with him and even testing it with my friends, he couldn't meteor cancel it. is there any proof that it is a meteor smash?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know if Brawl has the same distinction between "spike" and "meteor" as Melee did. Visually, R.O.B.'s dair looks a lot more like Ganondorf's than Falco's, so I arbitrarily called it a meteor. The point is that it sends enemies downwards very fast and makes them dead.

Top Bottom