• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fandom? :)

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Been wondering, just how big is the Project: M scene anyways?

In my hometown you can find it at the local university's "Bash" where you will see just about any kind of game being played there- including Project M by the Smash community. I personally practice with the decent amount of Smash friends I have, but I was wondering if anyone out there has big meet ups or what have you :)

Also, my not be able to wear it as it was too big and short, but I hang my shirt proudly ^-^ Do post your experiences with your local Project M community c:

lami

Smash Journeyman
Living in MD/VA we have a very healthy PM scene from the weekly tournaments and smashfests at Xanadu and Jcaesar's house respectively. Also, MD/VA is so close to Jersey and New York it makes travel to any of those tournies easy.

Ginge

Smash Ace
My only P:M exposure is back at my college. But I'm out of school now, so I only visit now and then. It just sucks because it's a 90 minute trip each way if I want to go for the day. And either costs $20 in gas or $30 in train tickets. The guys there range from "Melee is better" to "I only play Brawl" to "Dear god is Project M amazing. Why play any other Smash?".

So it depends on who's there and at one time during the day if I were to visit. But generally we get an hour of Brawl and a few hours of Project M in each time. There are about 20 of us total that come together and play the game. The problem is the Wii in the lounge is busted and randomly shuts off now. So I'd need to bring mine with me each time I came up to actually enjoy it.

All in all, it is worth the trip when I do go. A much better time than fighting computers when I'm at home. The group I'd normally game with doesn't really have people at my level in Smash (they'd play, but I'd have to be my worst character/s or with a handicap). The one that was moved to the other end of the country.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ahahahahaha. There hardly is a Melee/Brawl scene in my town let alone a Project M scene.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Living in MD/VA we have a very healthy PM scene from the weekly tournaments and smashfests at Xanadu and Jcaesar's house respectively. Also, MD/VA is so close to Jersey and New York it makes travel to any of those tournies easy.
Just for these reasons I hate you so much.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Living in Jersey is nice.... If I ever got into the tournament scene, I could take advantage of the nearby tournaments.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
dfw master race, here.

there's so much smash going on that i'm surprised oracle gets anything done at school.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
There is no smash scene here in Eau Claire. I started a smash club for project m at UWEC last semester and am only getting like 1-2 regulars who are potentially interested in competitive play. Starting up a scene takes a lot of work and the reward is nowhere near instant, unfortunately. If possible I'd love to be in minneapolis, madison, or chicago, haha.

Peño

Smash Rookie
To my knowledge there is almost no Project M scene where I live (San Francisco Bay Area). There's a small Brawl/Melee scene, but I don't know if anyone's even heard of PM here.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
There is no smash scene here in Eau Claire. I started a smash club for project m at UWEC last semester and am only getting like 1-2 regulars who are potentially interested in competitive play. Starting up a scene takes a lot of work and the reward is nowhere near instant, unfortunately. If possible I'd love to be in minneapolis, madison, or chicago, haha.
Now you know how I feel in Colorado
Yeah I know we have that big tournament in the Summer (not sure what it's called) and some scenes in town but I can't get to them especially since my truck broke down recently

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I live in Brazil.

the Ps2 dominated here thanks to piracy, so not only the Gamecube was almost completely DEAD over here... Melee never took off, and neither did Brawl. I doubt more than 50 people play PM in the whole country.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I live in Brazil.

the Ps2 dominated here thanks to piracy, so not only the Gamecube was almost completely DEAD over here... Melee never took off, and neither did Brawl. I doubt more than 50 people play PM in the whole country.
The very same happened here in Venezuela, theres probably like 80 active melee players in the country, and they try their best to keep melee alive in my country, so they really don't pay much if any attention at all to PM, not to mention the majority don't have time to sink in or they don't have a gamecube, so its pretty limited, but i have been able to convert my friend into a regular, so all hope is not lost

Rizner

Smash Ace
Yes please. Link?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/271575972914386/

I think most of the KY people are in Lexington or Louisville (or at least that's the two locations with the most frequent tournaments). There's a pretty big tournament on the 15th there, too, but I'm not able to go to it. If you're looking to meet people from the area I'd say go there and get to know them.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I used to think there wasn't a scene in olympia, but I found a few people on the forums, then I posted flyers at the local college, and in a month we had about 20 people that played P:M, with about 10 people at the weeklies at my house. If there is no scene in your town it's not terribly hard to get one started.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
https://www.facebook.com/groups/271575972914386/

I think most of the KY people are in Lexington or Louisville (or at least that's the two locations with the most frequent tournaments). There's a pretty big tournament on the 15th there, too, but I'm not able to go to it. If you're looking to meet people from the area I'd say go there and get to know them.
I'm pleasantly surprised. Thanks.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
I used to live up in Hillsboro OR Area (Moderate PM Scene) before I started playing competitively and now that I do, I had to move into the middle of nowhere smash wise. >,< I have played PM with 2 of my "Friends" but lets just say that they were less than casual players...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Yeah it seems SoCal has got a little more activity than NorCal for PM. I'd be happy for someone to prove me wrong.
South cal has a good scene.

Too bad my city in SoCal has a small scene at least from what I know.

Sure theres plenty of good scenes close around but as a guy with no transportation there might as well be no scene.

CodeSauce

Smash Rookie
I live in Ohio, and know basically no one interested in playing competitive smash in general.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
How are the members of the smash community atm?
I remember when I used to go to Brawl tournaments, most everybody was nice.
When I played at Melee tournaments, people were more often than not pretty nice.
But what about today? I'm a casual, but I'm going to a big PM tourney for the sake of charity donation/having fun/playing better smashers.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yo Montreal here. From what I've seen, the PM scene is pretty non-existent.
I went to the Melee Weekly's once and played some PM friendlies so that's...something?
Polybash and STYC have PM tourney's as part of their lineup, at least.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I went to the Melee Weekly's once and played some PM friendlies so that's...something?
Polybash and STYC have PM tourney's as part of their lineup, at least.
I think I might need to look a bit better then. I know that people know about PM, in fact, I'm pretty sure one of the backroomers lives here or something. I didn't know about that last part though. As soon as I get some free time on my hands, with college (I have actually seen people actually play PM at my college) and everything, I'll try to do something.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I think I might need to look a bit better then. I know that people know about PM, in fact, I'm pretty sure one of the backroomers lives here or something. I didn't know about that last part though. As soon as I get some free time on my hands, with college (I have actually seen people actually play PM at my college) and everything, I'll try to do something.
You should join the FB group if you're not part of it already, even if they're predominantly about Melee https://www.facebook.com/groups/124585747604393/
Also yeah there's a backroomer here, I met him when I went to the Weekly's. Pretty cool guy, he wrecked my **** though lol

Rizner

Smash Ace
Central Ohio, the greater Columbus area near Gahanna.
Does everyone in the Midwest have trouble finding groups to play with? There are plenty in columbus who play, and I actually went to a smashfest there from Cincinnati just yesterday. Would you like the Columbus smash facebook page? I believe they ahve weekly smashfests as well as plan to attend both a pre-shuffle practice thing in Columbus next weekend and Shuffle on the 22nd.

Actually, just so you have it, Columbus: https://www.facebook.com/groups/302630169803625/

Last edited:
Top Bottom