• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fan Art: Shoes

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Hey buddy, you think you can seperate each shoe(with the character it represents) into individual pictures so I can put it in my sig? :)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
To be honest, I'm no that big of a shoes guy, and I don't know why some people obsess over them (they're on your feet, no one's gonna look at them), but I must say, these are friggin' awesome!

I wish these were real.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I would pay top dollar for a pair o' Samus shoes.
Or Bowser...
Or Greninja...
Or... **** it just give me a pair of each.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ TweetyPurd TweetyPurd , I'm very curious as to how you will make the Game & Watch shoes. Since Mr. Game & Watch is just a completely black stick figure, you would to take inspiration from something else.
That something being the Game & Watch system itself.

I'm assuming it would be very rigid, like the blocky shape of the G&W, and maybe there could be some designs base off the buttons, and a green window to reference the screen.

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
@ TweetyPurd TweetyPurd , I'm very curious as to how you will make the Game & Watch shoes. Since Mr. Game & Watch is just a completely black stick figure, you would to take inspiration from something else.
That something being the Game & Watch system itself.

I'm assuming it would be very rigid, like the blocky shape of the G&W, and maybe there could be some designs base off the buttons, and a green window to reference the screen.
Hmm i had thought about using the system, i know it will be a difficult task though
I have a few ideas i will trial and the one i like the best will be uploaded
Lets hope Sakurai confirms him officially on the website soon!

I also plan to release a complilation image of each shoe layed out on a huge page in a grid once every character is done, which i have to be completed by Christmas

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Robin, Cap. Falcon and Lucina should all have interesting shoes. :)

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Original Post updated, final two on the way!

Edit: And finally captain falcon is here!! Enjoy and please leave feedback :)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My word.. I'd wear the soles out of those Robin shoes!

Great, as usual! :)

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
These are awesome

It'd be pretty cool if some characters had like, alternate costumes that followed the high-techish look of the shoes

ryuu seika

Smash Master
For Lucina you have definitely captured the feel of a more effeminate Marth and, while the Mii Fighters' shoe doesn't really incorporate the Miis at all, you've done a great job piecing together a coherent design out of the haphazard modifications they received on entry into Smash. The Miis themselves have very little specific details to work with so this seems like a good compromise.

Robin's has, IMO, an oversaturation of jaggedness with the coat buttons applied over the sword and the overall colour scheme strikes me as being rather bland, though the latter is more a character issue than a failing on your part.

Falcon's is just so right!

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

For Lucina you have definitely captured the feel of a more effeminate Marth and, while the Mii Fighters' shoe doesn't really incorporate the Miis at all, you've done a great job piecing together a coherent design out of the haphazard modifications they received on entry into Smash. The Miis themselves have very little specific details to work with so this seems like a good compromise.

Robin's has, IMO, an oversaturation of jaggedness with the coat buttons applied over the sword and the overall colour scheme strikes me as being rather bland, though the latter is more a character issue than a failing on your part.

Falcon's is just so right!
Yeah the Miis were very difficult, because they are so customizable.
I agree with you on Robins, although i didnt want to cover up too much of the sword, so this was the solution i found.
thank you again :)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Man I would love to own a pair of Robins, Samus', Foxes, Or Marths.... Nicely done!

I see the Miis being like those crocs you can customize.

Last edited:

Azureo

Smash Cadet
NNID
XFrostheartX
3DS FC
4940-6338-3501
Well, now I've seen everything. I must say though, these designs are amazing. Have you considered taking a job at designing for the monster hunter franchise? They're always about turning stuff into clothing =p

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Nice designs!
Now pitch them to a shoe company so I can grab myself a pair of Sonic shoes and a couple others... :p

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Why these shoes are not real!? There amazing design. I never like shoe in my life except for this one.
I want the Olimar shoe now... Do a R.O.B. one it would great. I want to see is futuristic Sci-Fi shoe.

Top Bottom