• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family problem...kinda

Banned via Administration
Roy is especially strongest against Fox and Falco, cause his combos can be fully used since they are so heavy.

Easy little combos to use to get their damage up, is to Chain Throw 2 or 3 times into his forward smash. He can use his down tilt to pop them up and forward smash them. If he can wave dash, he can down tilt into a wave dashed grab and start a chain throwing combo.

Also against a Fox, if he does his double edge dance, in the motion of Forward B, Up B, Forward B, its a gurantee'd hit on the last B and with decent knock back.

Also, early percents, he can combo with his Smash up A attack and get it in 2-3 times (Usually only 2 because they know to DI by the third), And its always a nice show stopper.

He also has a variety of finishes for Fox.

First off, Fox is one of the only people able to combo into Roy's Down Air spike perfectly. Just throw him up in the air, and then jump it. Wait until fox is a little bit Above Roy's head and then use Downair, it'll spike him down, though it can be meteor canceled. Only thing you're trying to do is get him low enough pass the stage not to use his illusion to get back to the edge, after that, you counter his Butt Fire (Firefox) And it should send him away, Edge hog, or follow up with a forward smash.

Next, Fox usually uses illusion to get back to the edge right? Now, if you use a down tilt and tipper it, it'll pop fox up just high enough to get a forward smash in, which usually kills all chance of him coming back with proper recovery.

Stuff that you need to know against Fox

1.) If he shines you just 1 TIME when you're off the stage, you're dead. Shine spike is very effective against Roy since he slides like mad from the shine move.

2.) Foxes move very fast and will keep you on your toes with a barrage of attacks, Play defensive until you've got him on the run, and if you're even, try to lure him into attacking and wave dash to forward smash.

3.) At around 90%, Watch out. A up smash from Fox can kill you, as well as him throwing up up and using an Uair, play defensive when your damage starts to get high, UNLESS you're fighting on dreamland.

4.) Don't ever hang on the edge when you're not invulnerable. Keep jumping up and down and grabbing the edge, foxes will shine spike you if they notice you don't know what you're doing.

5.) Last but not least, foxes will **** you if they feel you can't stick with them and will be attacking non stop and wave shining and moving so you can't shield grab. Keep on the move.
this is comical advice.

just go to smashwiki.com and look up roy's fighter info. he can chain grab fox/falco easily and set them up for good combos with his down tilt.;)
going to smashwiki for advice about smash isn't a good idea.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
going to smashwiki for advice about smash isn't a good idea.
Thats why i started this thread;). i just told him to go to smashwiki to see roy's character counters. oh...and 5150 didn't u get banned? i could've sworn that i saw ur name on the banned list up with james and marth's son 10 on ur thread: THE BEAST a combo made by 5150.
aw...well...

Banned via Administration
i know i edited it a while ago because someone said he actually beats space animals. smashwiki = garbz

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
noo...not rele.
but if there is a way roy can intercept fox/falco or other fast fallas in mid air off stage (which there prolly isn't), i'd like it if someone could tell me. if there isn't, just say so. Or if someone has some advice that ppl left out on this thread, just post it.:)

;)Thanks for the advice: -pm-,TRC, TedBoosley, Egg Sniper, jujumasta! PEACE.;)

-PM-

Smash Ace
hmm you could be really ghetto and jump out there and just regular b but that might not end up well lol besides that i cant really think of one

Top Bottom