• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family MMO of 2009: Wizard 101

BelgianWaffle

Smash Cadet
Recently I have just started trying out MMO games and this one attracted my eye because of it's nice gold metal for "Best Family MMORPG of 2009" award. First Below I will post some details, and then below that I will tell you my thoughts on the game.

DETAILS
Name-Wizard 101
Game Type- MMORPG
Game Plot- An evil former student of Ravenwood school of magical arts named Malistaire has come back to reak havoc upon Wizard City, MooShu, Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, Marleybone, and Dragonspyre. You are (not really just you because up to 4 people can fight him at a time) the only hope for saving the Spiral of worlds.

Schools- Fire, Ice, Storm, Life, Death, Myth, Balance
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT...
Character Builder- Personally I like the Character Builder, First off you choose your school from Death, Life, Storm, Fire, Ice, Myth, and Balance. Then choose your hair, face, hair color. Then your clothes color, you can only start with one pair of robes.
Quests- I think that the quests can be genuinely fun, but can also get on your nerves. Some quest require you to defeat a certain monster until you find an item, that can take a while, and get very annoying. They are all a bit repetitive but still fun none the less. Some quests that your TEACHER give you are the really fun ones. You get to go to a spot on the map and a creature from your school will help you learn a spell specific to your school. You get 4 of these i believe.

PROS
-Battle system is good
-Quests can be enjoyable
-Community is nice
-Overall gameplay makes you come back for more
-Character Builder can be fun to mix and match

CONS
-Repetitive
-Some cheap glitches that can pull you into a battle when your not ready
-Have to "cross the street" full of monsters which never works out the way you want.

I GIVE THIS GAME A 8.0/10

S

smash brawl player 99021

Sounds good, but there could be better alternatives.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Stop posting your signatures if it's larger than your posts.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Oops mine too. It's just whenever I do a Quote or whatever, it just automatically goes ;____; My bad.

Top Bottom