• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fallout 3

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Well I just made the call to not buy this game. I'm a big fan of the original Fallouts so I went to No Mutants Allowed since I figured that's where I'd get the opinions of the most like-minded people. It just sounds like it's so dissapointing as a sequel to Fallout 1/2, and the story sounds downright awful (as does the dialogue).

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Well I just made the call to not buy this game. I'm a big fan of the original Fallouts so I went to No Mutants Allowed since I figured that's where I'd get the opinions of the most like-minded people. It just sounds like it's so dissapointing as a sequel to Fallout 1/2, and the story sounds downright awful (as does the dialogue).
I've never played the first two Fallout games, so I don't know how the dialogue or story compares to them, but compared to other Western RPGs, it seems pretty good.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I've never played the first two Fallout games, so I don't know how the dialogue or story compares to them, but compared to other Western RPGs, it seems pretty good.
I dunno, Fallout 1 and 2 are pretty amazing games. My expectations are ridiculously high. Besides, I'm saving up for computer parts and I don't really have 50 dollars to spare.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Good God, the songtrack in this game combined with the setting is pretty much sex.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I got it during Christmas and I beat it last month. The ending was extremely underwhelming to me, not very interesting at all.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Pitt has been delayed until March and the other one until April, just fyi.

shlike

Smash Ace
Fallout is massively flawed. I LOVED getting stuck in corners and not being able to get out only to realize that my last save was over an hour ago and all the locations I discovered/loot that I got was gone.

I also loved how the games storyline is ridiculously unininteresting/anti-climactic.

THe only thing I enjoyed was killing the Overseer in Vault 101/ Blowing up Megaton.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fallout is massively flawed. I LOVED getting stuck in corners and not being able to get out only to realize that my last save was over an hour ago and all the locations I discovered/loot that I got was gone.

Can't you just quick travel to get yourself free?

And I only remember getting stuck somewhere once, but maybe I was just lucky.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
what is the location north of little lamplight? I try to go near it, and I get 900 rads a second...
It's a Vault, I don't remember which one but it's part of a quest so you end up going there anyway

I tried doing that but there was enemies around, and they weren't in my direct line of sight either.

It was major fail.
I got stuck on top of tables and chairs sometimes when I jump on them, it's very annoying but if you have the PC version you can enter "tcl" in the console and can fly/ghost through solid objects to free yourself.

Console commands really added some length to the game for me. After I beat the game I reverted to my save before the last quest increased the maximum level to 100, increased the weight I can carry [since I maxed out strength ages ago], increased the running speed to twice the speed, made Dogmeat unkillable [he gets knocked unconscious like important characters now] and now I just run around doing quests and other places I missed.

I plan to start from the beginning again and look for some mods after that play through, this is a game that really shines once you have your way with it through console commands and mods. I have yet to try out the G.E.C.K., I'm not good at creating my own content so I'll leave it for later.

Top Bottom