• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falling Pound

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
As jigglypuff players, we all know about the great and useful, rising pound. The combination of a B-smash followed by tilting the analog stick upwards. But what about its other? Falling pound? The pound that decreases your altitude? The B-Smash move followed by tilting the analog stick down? I have been recently using this in matches to recover from high, far off the edge knock offs as well as an offensive move. I desire to know, should I stop using falling pound? Are there more technical ways to use this technique? What are your thoughts on falling pound?

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have never even though about that technique. This seems like a decent technique, although, I think I will drop down with Fairs and Bairs like I usually do.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I believe it's true use would be found in mindgaming against the opponent, as its other uses would be more situational... pounding from the air down below into someone who is sheilding might be an example; but even there it ends up being more of a mind game...

Also, you could try using the Falling Pound to drive yourself to the ground, when low enough. I discovered that is possible a few weeks ago; however, it seems even less practical than before. It's probably my imagination, but it almost seems to keep the Pound going for a litte longer...

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
I agree with chronosquare the only thing i can really see it being used for would be mind games. Maybe it would help when recovering as well if you wanted to grab the edge and not leave yourself completely vulnerable, don't know though I'm gonna have to try that.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
alright,lets try to explain....

RECOVERY: If you are above the ledge and far away enough from your opponent (just in case the go after you) then meh. I always find rising pound better because...well just because you can do a falling pound doesnt mean there aren't better options. If you think recovery-wise, then a rising pond will always be better than a falling pound. In fact I dont see why you would want to use it, but you can.
ATTACK: The hitboxes,trajectories, damage, all that stuff is the same. Since im lazy and dont feel like typing, Ill just give you a useful thread... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95931
MINDGAMES: well this is the only time it would come in handy...a falco is expecting a rising pound and lazes above/at you and yo,instead do a falling pound,for example. Its still situtional and you wont use it much.

Top Bottom