• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falling Cyclone glitch.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Ok I know no body is going to believe me but trust me there IS a glitch where if you execute a jump and right after down b, you gain no height if you mash.
I've only experienced this with Luigi's grounded jump and doc's double jump.

If ANYONE else has experienced this dumb glitch please tell me because I just lost a match with doc because of it when I was winning

dehvin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dehvin
3DS FC
3110-5946-6541
I've been practicing the Jumpless Rising Cyclone lately, and after mashing for like 20 mins straight, sometimes he gains no rise at all. I have to jump to refresh it.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Wait... Does Doc actually needs his double jump?

Pre-patch, but I believe Doc will get the same (Or at least similiar) height from Doctor Tornado, jumped or not.

I honestly never experienced this glitch. But can you elaborate more? Your choice of words confuse me.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Wait... Does Doc actually needs his double jump?

Pre-patch, but I believe Doc will get the same (Or at least similiar) height from Doctor Tornado, jumped or not.

I honestly never experienced this glitch. But can you elaborate more? Your choice of words confuse me.
I used my jump so I didn't have to mash with my index finger.
When you jump and use a cyclone move, there is a very small chance you won't gain any height from mashing.
I used doc's down b to try and get an edge guard and fell to my death because of this glitch

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I have yet to experience this so call glitch. Would be interesting if anyone else can vouch for it.
I also think I only experienced it when I hit my opponent
There are only certain frames where you can hit the b button and rise when you're hitting an opponent I think

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You either already used your cyclone, are slow at mashing or didn't input anything at all

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
You either already used your cyclone, are slow at mashing or didn't input anything at all
Let me restate it.
I think there are only certain frames where you can input mashes and get hieght, sometimes when you hit an opponent, you might not mash on any of these frames because the frames are different because of hit lag.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Let me restate it.
I think there are only certain frames where you can input mashes and get hieght, sometimes when you hit an opponent, you might not mash on any of these frames because the frames are different because of hit lag.
That's impossible, I literally never have this problem and I can mash fast enough to make cyclone rise, there is a timing, but if you're too slow on your inputs you won't make it.

If you hit an opponent it makes the timing window much much larger

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
That's impossible, I literally never have this problem and I can mash fast enough to make cyclone rise, there is a timing, but if you're too slow on your inputs you won't make it.

If you hit an opponent it makes the timing window much much larger
When I hit an opponent and I mash just as I normally would after I jump I don't even get a STALL. just a STALL. Now thats when you know some bullcrap is happening.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
When I hit an opponent and I mash just as I normally would after I jump I don't even get a STALL. just a STALL. Now thats when you know some bullcrap is happening.
Then your inputs in general aren't fast enough
I average 11.6 - 12 inputs per second (12 is the amount required) and literally never have this problem

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Then your inputs in general aren't fast enough
I average 11.6 - 12 inputs per second (12 is the amount required) and literally never have this problem
As long as you want to make me look like an idiot, go ahead.
But when I'm dealing with this bullcrap 1 to 3 times a month where every other time I gain a buttload of height, I get pretty ticked off.

Top Bottom