• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Shine

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Neutral combo to shine generally works.

D-throw to shine can work.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Doing a DACUS, aerial, jab combo, another grab, or even a forward b after a down throw >>> Shine after a down throw. It's only 5% lol.

Going off what TheX0913 said, it's more of a "get away from me" move because of how fast it comes out and it's decent rage. If you want to combo with it, you're playing the wrong game.

The only times I finding myself using shine is catching people in short hops, edgeguarding (not what you might think), reflecting..., and doing it after a Jab combo or SHDL (to avoid being punished).

I like the tripping effect to the shine since it gives you a chance to punish rolls with a smash.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
the usually helps when you are put in a tight spot most of the times like if metaknight approaches you or uses his whorenado. the shine is good against certain characters as well like diddy and his bananas and toon links projectiles.

i would recommend using it only at the end of a AAA combo or when your just getting chased but don't over do it because you will get punished for it.

BEES

Smash Lord
F-throw/jump shine
D-throw/shine
aerial laser/shine
jab/shine

basically it ends combos, it's the last inescapable hit. You can sometimes continue a string after it, often with a laser or phantasm, but nothing inescapable.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
*Points to my thread in my sig.*

If you have time, try to experiment hitting a character in the air with the bottom hitbox of the shine, so it hits them down. Maybe if you are fastfalling, you can do something quicker than your opponent, and continue with attacks. Like most of these "combos" they can be di-ed out of, but the unpredictability of Falco's shine could suffice that.

Top Bottom