• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcos recovery.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Whats up with falcos recovery? Sometimes it takes longer for him to get out of hitstun than usual. He seems to be the only one in the cast who has this problem.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
my brother is a falco main who constantly complains about this. I play with falco every so often and have never felt it though. try to get a video, and post it back here. His up b momentum is the same as brawls though, so his up b is overall shorter than it is in melee.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
my brother is a falco main who constantly complains about this. I play with falco every so often and have never felt it though. try to get a video, and post it back here. His up b momentum is the same as brawls though, so his up b is overall shorter than it is in melee.
I meant more like how long it takes for him to jump out of hitstun. Sometimes its just overexaggerating long however thnx for the Up-B info I wasnt aware of that! Also sadly I have no way of providing video footage.

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
I think it takes everybody the same amount of time to recover from hitstun, Falco just falls like there's something wrong with his G-diffuser. If you get knocked off stage at a bad trajectory, you're pretty much ****ed. Especially if you've already spent your doublejump.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Knockback goes into the Hitstun formula, lighter characters receive more knockback and thus more hitstun. Fox/Falco are actually lightweight characters. Falco would go flying away into the blast zones with tons of knockback/hitstun at early percents like a Jigglypuff but his fall speed keeps him down when he should have been flying: thus he's saved from dying early like Jigglypuff but is still receiving the hitstun to become combo fodder.

Werbenjagermanjensen

Smash Rookie
^above.

It made sense to me, but still made me wonder HOW the hell Falco could be a lightweight, considering he falls like a cinderblock through Jell-O.
And I never knew about the correlation between hitstun and knockback. Does anyone have data of that? I'm lightly curious as to how that looks.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:
Top Bottom