• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Phantasm cancel

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Anybody know a good method for getting the Falco phantasm cancel? I can do sometimes, buts it is not helpful if you can't get it when you want to.. Is it ever useful even if you know how to get it all the time?

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
i could be useful, if u can do it when you want. but. i also cannot find a consistent way to do it. i get 1 in 10 tries and thats not even wort it in a real match.

Wiierd

Smash Cadet
It's possible to do the Phantasm cancel consistently in 1/4 time. If you hit B during the frame when falco switches his feet, it does an almost complete cancel of the Phantasm and Falco only moves forward about a character length. Good luck spotting that frame at normal speed and being able to get it every time tho, as it has to be super exact. Another way that works sometimes is to listen to the charge-up "whoosh" before Falco rushes and makes a "shing" sound. If you use the "whoosh" sound as it reaches it's highest tone as a marker for hitting B, you can sometimes get the cancel. I can only get it about 5%-10% of the time though, so keep looking for better ways to pull this off consistently.

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
i can get it preety consistantly after about 10 minutes of practice, its all just timing it, you have to press it right before the high pitched sound, ive gotten a rythm down for it, i do hope theres an easier way though as i only have it about 1/2 the time

Top Bottom