• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's OoS Options

MorphGuy1000

Smash Cadet
What good OoS options does Falco have, and what frame do each of them come out?

Also: I feel like Bair OoS is kind of a bad option for Falco since the angle on Bair makes it so that some characters can just crouch under it. Is this true, or am I just bad? lol

yttik

i think bair is fine out of shield, but it comes out at the same time as nair (frame 9) so just use them accordingly. shine out of shield is a very good option because it's so fast (frame 6), and you can follow up off it.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Shine, spotdodge shine and WD Shine are all really good OoS options for Falco.
Nair also isn't too bad.

MorphGuy1000

Smash Cadet
Adding on to my initial question as I apply this to other characters: what is the maximum number of frames a move can take to do OoS before it is considered as an unsafe option?

Hayrow

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShimiGoRawr
3DS FC
4012-4187-5678
Adding on to my initial question as I apply this to other characters: what is the maximum number of frames a move can take to do OoS before it is considered as an unsafe option?
There really isn't a maximum number, it depends on what they hit your shield with.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Bair out of shield is amazing, especially out of a shield pivot. You can somewhat treat it was Marth's Fair out of shield, given it's range and speed. I love to use it in Falco dittos. As the opposing Falco is laser torwards you, can you stuff out a Bair inbetween their SHL to Aerial approach (essentially the same way Marth Fairs).

The most popular options out of shield are definitely Shine and Dair. Never forget that Falco's shine is positioned around his body differently than Fox's / it does not reach out as much in front of him. Learn to shield DI moves inward to make shining out of shield easier / possible. Also don't forget Falco's retreating Dair can beat approaches such as Fox's SH Nair.

I guess this should be your general guideline:

If they are inside your shield with a non-laggy move -> shine out of shield

If they are inside your shield with a laggy move -> Dair out of shield

If they are not close enough -> wavedash or Laser

If they are approaching you with your back facing them -> Bair or reverse Laser (SH away, non fastfall rLaser)

If they are approaching you with you facing them -> retreating Dair or Laser (SH away non fastfall)

MorphGuy1000

Smash Cadet
Bair out of shield is amazing, especially out of a shield pivot. You can somewhat treat it was Marth's Fair out of shield, given it's range and speed. I love to use it in Falco dittos. As the opposing Falco is laser torwards you, can you stuff out a Bair inbetween their SHL to Aerial approach (essentially the same way Marth Fairs).

The most popular options out of shield are definitely Shine and Dair. Never forget that Falco's shine is positioned around his body differently than Fox's / it does not reach out as much in front of him. Learn to shield DI moves inward to make shining out of shield easier / possible. Also don't forget Falco's retreating Dair can beat approaches such as Fox's SH Nair.

I guess this should be your general guideline:

If they are inside your shield with a non-laggy move -> shine out of shield

If they are inside your shield with a laggy move -> Dair out of shield

If they are not close enough -> wavedash or Laser

If they are approaching you with your back facing them -> Bair or reverse Laser (SH away, non fastfall rLaser)

If they are approaching you with you facing them -> retreating Dair or Laser (SH away non fastfall)
thanks, this helped a lot :) can you do grab and usmash to inside shield with laggy move/if they're in your shieldgrab range tho?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yes, however falco's grab and upsmash do not lead into many good setups.

Falco's grab is very dependent on how people DI the lasers from Back and Up throw (the only 2 throws that have a semi legit setup).

Upsmash has awkward knockback at low and mid percents. Shine and Dair basically always give you a free setup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom