• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Dash Attack Upsmash.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Well, there was a glitch about Falco doing a dash then doing an immediate Up-Smash after that, I'm not sure how to perform that, but, is it only Falco that can do it or other characters too?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Perform by either dash atk with a and smashes up on cstick as sson as the dash attack hits.

OR

Dash atk with cstick DOWN and up smash with analog up and Z.

Those are the two most common ways.

Somehow turning tap jump off MAKES IT ALOT EASIER TO DO (FOR ME)

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
I used to do the dash attack, c-stick down, up+z. Now I do just dash attack with A, and immediately up+A as the attack hits as SlashTalon explained it. It's surprisingly easy.

Fluke: Same with the Tap Jump off thing. I have no idea why though.

null55

Smash Master
I still don't understand why you would use dash to c-stick down to up z. Run, dash attack, immediately white it hits hit up on the c-stick.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Falco, Wario, and Snake are the only characters who can do this. Technically almost every character can DAC, it's just whether or not it's useful since some characters receive no dash momentum, making it just a hyphen smash.

Also, Wario's is near useless since it can only chain on heavier characters at 0%. It's pretty much only good for shield pressure... if that. A SH Dair is almost always more useful.

null55

Smash Master
Falco, Wario, and Snake are the only characters who can do this. Technically almost every character can DAC, it's just whether or not it's useful since some characters receive no dash momentum, making it just a hyphen smash.

Also, Wario's is near useless since it can only chain on heavier characters at 0%. It's pretty much only good for shield pressure... if that. A SH Dair is almost always more useful.
He's not asking about boost smashing. He's asking about the gatling combo.

Please read...

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to perform the gatling combo is dashing, hitting down on the c-stick, and as soon as the attack is landed, hit up on the c-stick.

You only need to use the dash>down C-stick>Analog Up and Z for the boost smash. Which is sliding with an up smash. Although technically, it does the same exact thing if your down C-stick connects with your opponent. I just find the other method a whole lot easier.

Top Bottom