• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's dair

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
So my friend uses Falco and I just feel like absolute **** about my play. My friends aren't great usually 2-3 stock them but last night around 1 he was getting a ton of dairs on me. He ended up 2 stocking me. What should I do and any suggestions?

For those interested I 3 stocked him with ic's wobble and ledge chain grab

Last edited by a moderator:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Move out of the way or put a hitbox between you and his feet. If he lasers first, you can dash back after being hit, if you powershield it and hold, you powershield the dair, and if you blocked it, you can wd oos backwards, or nair in place to beat incoming sh aerials. Start retreating mid nair if he didn't just jump at you after the laser. Don't stand under him if he's on a platform, move out of the way, or if you're really confident, uptilt. If he's close and in front, and not crossing you up or retreating, you can shield grab a dair that hit the top of your shield and slightly lower (unless he was full jump nairing, in which case wd oos and punish without worrying about getting hit after it touched your shield). The higher the his percent is, the more you can just jab to keep him out. If you just know the hitbox is coming, you can also counter.

Scrubloard69

Smash Rookie
I run it to the same problem where me and my friend go 70-30 respectively but sometimes he destroys me with falco. A strategy is to tech the down airs in different ways and sometime to not tech to hit him with a get up attack. If this is still a problem make sure your punish/edge-guarding game is perfect to even up the odds.

Top Bottom