• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's voice sucks

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why but Falcons melee voice was better and funnier,in Brawl he dosen't really say Show Me Your Moves,and the FALCON PANCH! is worse in brawl,its a japanese voice,its boring..It says FALCON PUNCHU! not Falcon PANCH! i hope his voice changes in the US version,cuz the Captain's voice sucks.Has a more japanese accent and his lose a life voice sucks too,why ''AHH!'' when you can ''OOOOUUOOUUAAH'' from Melee ,his death voice reminds me of someone taking a dump.OOOOUUUAAAH!

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
He uses more of his SSB64 voice clips now which aren't as good as his Melee ones. His dying noise is his star KO scream from SSB64. The one that goes "DILAAAAAGH!!"

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
I miss the old 64 voice. It was so much better. He sounded like a fairy with his Melee voice. Brawl is a little better, but it's still not up to par with 64 days.

Pururun

Smash Rookie
Not sure why you're dissing his accent. ALL his voice actors spanning the entire Smash series were Japanese.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
I like that they mixed his 64 soundclips with the melee ones and some minor brawl clips. I never liked his melee KO voice, sounded ********. I just wish they gave him the ole 64 FALCON PUNCH.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I love that they're using some of his 64 clips, especially his star KO "DIIIAAARRRRGHH!!"

And his "Come on!" taunt is awesome.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I think that falcon isnt true enough to the series and was smashified too much (so was samus to a larger extent). The way he fights is too erratic and over the top...

In smash his voice suits his smash character, but a true falcon would not need to shout falcon puch or anything else. Hi voice would be lower and he would be much more in control rather than prancing around acrobatics.

Although Im fighting with a falcon, it doesnt feel like falcon.

That being said, I think that he is a great and fun character to use in smash. Even though I look at the characters are different people.
So, really, his voice isnt that important to me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
...When was his voice ever cool besides FALCON PUNCH?
"Falcon kick!"
"YES!"
"Du-WAH!"
"Chuh! Chuchuchuchuchuh!"

I've always loved his voice. But in Melee it definitely sounded like "Falco Punch" to me, which upset me.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
For those who don't know, Captain Falcon shares a voice with Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z.

Hong

The Strongest
Ever since Super Smash Bros' debut, I've thought Ryo Horikawa's voice for Captain Falcon was wonderful. In my opinion, Falcon's voice in Brawl took him to a new level of awesome. Seriously, when I heard him do his "Come on!" taunt, I felt a tingle of excitement along my spine. *-*

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
The only real difference I noticed was the Falcon Punch (which I just read is the one from SSB64). It sounds really elaborate now. "Falcone PAAAAWNCH!"
I never knew Falcon's VA is Japanese. I guess I can no longer use "Making Ike English is like making Falcon Japanese) as an argument now.

CptPants

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I enjoyed the 64 "Falcon PUNCH" More than the "Falco... Paunch" of Melee. And now there is a "Falcome.. Pawwnch!" Which is alright, but I would've prefered SSB64's sound better... :/

And where the is "Nel!" and the flaming leg kick sound...

S2

Smash Lord
Anyone who doesn't like Falcon's voice should be arrested for foolishness.

His heroic yell can bring tears to the eyes of even the most stubborn of fools.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
His KO voice is really lame in Brawl. The Melee one was so great it made dying somewhat enjoyable. I think dying in Brawl will just piss me off just because of how annoying his KO yell is.

Honestly I think Melee's voice was perfect. Everything sounded so manly and cheesy it was great.

HYPER-MAN

Smash Rookie
I don't see any REAL big difference. At least Falcon punch doesn't sound like how in SSB(64) pushing a turd out. [fal-kin.........PUNCHuh]

Top Bottom