• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Huge UpB

Z. Hoot

Smash Cadet
Okay.

Me and my brother were playing a stock match at final destination. I was Captain Falcon. We had two computers, one was a g&w. i had about 150%, and was sent off the left side of the map. I airdodged and DI'd back towards the stage when g&w comes down after me. I used UpB, and grabbed g&w. I was still pretty far away from the stage, so I used UpB again. This time, it shot me about two times higher than Falcon's standard UpB.

So what could have caused me to do a super UpB that saved my life? Was it a glitch? I've seen this before with Marth, but didn't think anything about it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sounds a lot like either G&W's Up-B or U-air, which can push people upwards with a wind effect.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I had the same thing happen to me twice today but with Captain Falcon's regular jump. One time it happened in the center of Lylat Cruise and the second time from the center of Jungle Japes. Both times I tried to do a quick double jump and ended up getting twice the normal height from my jumps.

I am going to be picking up Y cables for my camcorder later this week so I'll see if I can get it to happen again over the upcoming weekend while recording.

I had a GCN controller with tap-jump off, A attack, B special, C-stick tilts, L attack, R shield, Z grab, Y jump, X grab. Considering the other abnormalities from controller layouts I just thought it may be useful to mention that.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, against G&W, it was definitely the Up A blow thing, that sends Marth upward really fast so I imagine it'd do the same to Captain Falcon. With the last reply I don't know unless they were also fighting G&W.

Top Bottom