• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Crouch Cancel Out of Dash/Run

Burglor

Smash Rookie
Alright, I find cancelling run into CC works like, perfectly just by either pressing down or quarter circling down. However, I find out of the dash animation all I get it a slowed dash animation that has to end entirely before I crouch, which is like super slow. Anyway, question is, is there a good way to CC straight out of Dash?

coilerr

Smash Cadet
^^^ this
Pivot into crouch is a very strong option but you must be on point with your pivoting. Remember that full crouching is the only way to have the full effect of CC and it take 6 frames to crouch. I guess its a good option to mix up your dd.

DD-> dash away pivot crouch -> he comes in with a nair (fox ) -> grab -> etc
DD-> dash in -> pivot crouch and you grab or nair that dirty f tilt.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Pivot into crouch is a very strong option but you must be on point with your pivoting. Remember that full crouching is the only way to have the full effect of CC and it take 6 frames to crouch.
You can't cancel Turn (pivot) into Squat (initial crouch) at all; you have to wait the entire 11 frames Turn to finish before your crouch starts. You can't walk either or do anything else to get to crouch quicker from pivot. This is also the reason you can't pivot -> normal platform drop either.

So pivoting is only very marginally faster than wavedashing to get into crouch. To answer Burglor Burglor 's question in the OP, there really isn't a fast way to crouch straight out of dash. The best ones are probably wd and waiting until run and then crouch. However just ASDI down is sometimes sufficient to get hitstun cancelled (which happens basically when you don't get knocked down and ASDI down).

Crouch knockback and hitlag reductions are effective in both Squat and SquatWait ("full crouch" state after the initial stage has passed) so the reduction starts immediately instead of after 6(?, I think it might be 7) frames has passed. Only SquatRV (Crouch release) doesn't have the reduction effect.

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
you can jump out of dash to enter squat wait and get the knock down, super useful when they try to pop you up for a combo (i.e. falco dair). You can also do a quick tech roll from there which they wont expect if you haven't done it too often. You can enter shield in 1 frame out of dash IIRC, so shield stops are decent option out of dash as well.

coilerr

Smash Cadet
You can't cancel Turn (pivot) into Squat (initial crouch) at all; you have to wait the entire 11 frames Turn to finish before your crouch starts. You can't walk either or do anything else to get to crouch quicker from pivot. This is also the reason you can't pivot -> normal platform drop either.

So pivoting is only very marginally faster than wavedashing to get into crouch. To answer Burglor Burglor 's question in the OP, there really isn't a fast way to crouch straight out of dash. The best ones are probably wd and waiting until run and then crouch. However just ASDI down is sometimes sufficient to get hitstun cancelled (which happens basically when you don't get knocked down and ASDI down).

Crouch knockback and hitlag reductions are effective in both Squat and SquatWait ("full crouch" state after the initial stage has passed) so the reduction starts immediately instead of after 6(?, I think it might be 7) frames has passed. Only SquatRV (Crouch release) doesn't have the reduction effect.
Thanks for clearing that up man!

Top Bottom