• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Weapon Smash Combo

Axzarious

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I am new here, and I don't know if anybody has found this yet (Tried searching), but when I was playing brawl (Don't own a wii yet though), but after fighting the alloys in the stadium using meta knight (And just barley getting the requirements for most of the awards that my friend needed), I decided to swich to falcon on a whim.
When I got the beamsword, I noticed after forward smashing (Which is really just a stab) you could combo it to an overhead slash (Only during the smash) that has a hit arc a little over 90 degrees. I don't think this would effect tournament play as items would most likley be off, but this made me nearly invulnerable for the alloy matches (Unless you accidently hit a bob-bomb or something that spawned suddenly which has happened to me numerous times right when i'm about to get the record). I am also wondering if any other characters have this ability, as I found out about this ability before I had to leave.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah Falcon did the same thing in Melee with the Beam Sword (and also with the Homerun Bat which sucked). In this game it's a much better feature since the Beam Sword gets so long when smashed. Thankfully they changed his Homerun Bat swing to a normal one though.

I haven't played with items on in Brawl at all pretty much, but I know there are other items that have the same feature. The Fan is one I believe as well as the Star Rod (which shoots 4 stars instead of 1).

Sasurai_no_Hiroshi

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, I noticed that. Falcon is amazing with the Beam Sword in my opinion. The first thrust has loooooooonng range, and the overhead swing is just as deadly. I usually have a bit of trouble with the alloys when they swarm me, but once a beamsword comes out, the alloys all go flying into space in seconds, lol!

In an actual fight with players, Falcon's beamsword is very awesome. Combined with his speed and fast B-moves like Falcon Kick, he's a real menace with that sword. Then again, without the sword, Captain Falcon's plain awesome, lol.

Top Bottom