• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon vs. Jiggly

Juicy Juice

Smash Rookie
Hello all plz dont spam me with stuff about search button i already know. But anyways i need help beating Jiggly i cant beat the u-throw to rest or the little u-tilts to rest. And dont say something like DI i already know. Should i just run and hit jiggle to damage her. OR just go all out and atk all tips are appreciated.

~Thank You~

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
uair juggles to knee. fair to knee. dtilt to knee. d/uthrow to knee.

use nairs and bairs to keep jiggly from wop'in you. easy edgeguars w/ reverse uairs and bairs.

falcon def has the upper hand here just keep on her.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Use your jab after you SHFFL (if you're in range), as well, that messes up Jiggs pretty good. Avoid being stationary or at the tip of her range. Pracitce Uair out of shield.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Go for alot of grabs. Your priority moves are going to be the nairs and uairs. With her wall of pain, you won't be able to shield grab, and A missed Fwd-B usually means a rest. Pretty much try to stick and move. and know that your dthrow will guarentee a knee with a bad DI, just try not to fall into her traps and get baired off the stage..play smart, and you should be fine.

FireFly

Smash Lord
If you go for too many grabs, your opponent might read you and spot dodge your grabs. Dont spam grabs

technomancer

Smash Champion
Jiggs can just crouch them and rest you in the face. It's kind of a silly idea to JC grab jiggs in the first place since she's never on the ground, so just stick to shieldgrabbing that Fsmash. They'll use it eventually and be like ZOMG mindgames and you'll be like ZOMG free knee thx jiggs!

As far as rest combos vs. Falcon go, (chz1 can update me if I'm wrong) Jiggs has Utilt->Rest, Uair->Rest, Pound->rest, a couple low% rests off of the weak hits on her fair and nair, and tech reading rests. Mostly just DI the direction of the hit to escape (for instance for pounds, DI behind, otherwise you fall right on her). and for the vertical launchers DI to a side and try to jump. There really isn't a reason to jump right on Jiggly, so just play careful and you should never have to deal with a Uair or Utilt rest.

Juicy Juice

Smash Rookie
Alright does anyone know what % Da Bones(F-smash) or a knee will kill for sure? G-reg u know the %?

Or anyone else thanks.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The biggest problems you need to watch out for aren't rest combos but throws and aerials that'll get you off the stage. Falcon can do really devastating combos on Jiggs pretty quickly, and depending on the stage, you can even KO her at a grab at 60%. In fact, you probably won't have too much trouble racking up damage until she's past 60 where everything leads to basically nothing. But you can't get overly ambitious and try to rush her all the time since Jiggs can KO you just as easily and at lower percents. And unlike for you, she can combo you to much higher percents. So be aggressive and react by weaving and feinting with dashes while reading her aerial movements. Whenever you find an opening, you go for it and start the combos from there. But just make sure you don't be too aggressive and be careless near the edge. I know that's standard Falcon advice, but you've got to be careful with Jiggs especially. If you're off, a good jigglypuff will keep you off. But enough of that.

As long as you follow everyone else's advice and utilize smart stage picks then you should be fine. Remember that larger stages do allow Jigglypuff to live longer, but more ground also allows you more movement which is critical since you'll need to get good at weaving and attack when she WoPs. Also, a smaller stage may offer you faster knee KOs, but since Falcon's main game relies on being agile and dominant in the air, a smaller stage may hurt you more than anything since Jigglypuff can cover entire parts of a stage with her aerials to keep you grounded, and with nowhere to run the only option you have would be to be patient and attack from shields or with Bairs. Also, you have to be mindful of Jiggs who can techchase for rests. Smaller stages can ultimately screw over Falcon since the smaller amount of space will allow her to techchase him easier.

Just somethings to keep in mind so choose stages with regards to your playing style. If you want faster KOs, small stages. But if you feel vulnerable and pressured by said smaller stages, go big. (King has said before he loved playing against Falcons cause they're easy and said he finds it easy playing against Falcon on smaller stages. Just another thing to be mindful of, but relax when you play since most Jigglypuff players aren't The King.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
On the topic if picking a small stage in order to get easy *** low % kills... Yoshi's story. Chaining knee's can kill at 0%.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yoshi Story may not be the best option though. Jigglypuff can easily cover like half+ the stage with aerials and pin Falcon down. Yeah you get low kills, but there may be better options that aren't neutral stages (like mushroom kingdom II?). Also that's probably the easiest level for Jigglypuff to techchase into rest.

[edit] Also, chaining knees is great and all, but I think people tend to overplay it a bit . . . The knees only land so long as you have something to ground to move and knee from. You can definitely land multiple knees on Jiggly easily, there's no doubt about that. But with smart DI the Jigglypuff may actually move too far out of range so don't expect to land like 3-5 knee combos all the time.

emerican

Smash Ace
jiggs really cant do much to you but stay in the air... in which case, just camp her back... run circles around her and as soon as she lands hit her with practically any aerial, perferably nair to knee or stomp to knee..

grab as much as you can, dthrow -> knee is enough to take out any mediocre jigglypuff. if you have any tech skill you can combo grabs to up airs into knees. jab to grab ****... some jiggs get into the habbit of rolling after you jab... run grab, ****, repeat. if you see jiggs crouching alot, spam stomp.

aside from that, just play smarter, falcon is too fast.... watch your doublejump near the edge, blah blah common sense.

audreyh

Smash Ace
tapion told me this little trick where if a jiggs starts wop'ing you, quickly jump out of shield and fulljump stomp (ff of course).

free stomps yay

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
[edit] Also, chaining knees is great and all, but I think people tend to overplay it a bit . . . The knees only land so long as you have something to ground to move and knee from. You can definitely land multiple knees on Jiggly easily, there's no doubt about that. But with smart DI the Jigglypuff may actually move too far out of range so don't expect to land like 3-5 knee combos all the time.

Actually I was thinking one ground knee and two off the stage knee's for a push off kill. If you use the claw you can have very very accurate air DI and it ought be easy to land the last knee.

But regardless to every single strategy or theory there is of course something that the opponent can do. There's nothing concrete. But I'm sure that at an amateur level the best thing is to jump the gates right away and knee the jiggly preferably to death but also into fear.

Make purin your ****.

Juicy Juice

Smash Rookie
Kewl guys u helped more then i expected u guys more info then i asked um u guys say stay back. SO does this mean i should play more defensively. Or should i just play smarter!?! There is a difference in what i just asked.

Again thx

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Defensive Falcons suck >_>

You want to play smart but still be aggressive with your speed and use your speed and comboability to put pressure on your opponent at all time.

@Manalord Yeah, I still think that off the stage knee kills can still be risky and can DI far enough off the stage and not get KO'd. I agree with what you said about making the Jigglypuff your ***** and all. But it may not be best for an amateur to learn bad habits early on, you know? That's the main reason why I advised against doing so.

emerican

Smash Ace
you should constantly be moving, whether it be on platforms or dashing away from your opponent, again... try n make jiggs land on the ground... if she starts shielding its even better because you can SHFFL knee or stomp and jab to make her roll away or pop her up for a grab.

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
play smart and be patient - you cant just be throwing youself out there. and yes you should use uair and nair the most since they have the most range with low lag time

Top Bottom