• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon UpB to sweetspot ledges?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I've been having a lot of trouble with recovering where I swear I'm at the right distance away, but then I get shined by fox or fsmashed/dtilt'ed by marth and I just have zero chance of recovering. I know there's a sweetspot distance for his double-jump, but whenever I upB I feel like the arm reaching up just extends my hurtbox enough to the point where I can't grab the ledge without getting hit.

Is Falcon's upB able to sweetspot ledges? if so, how am I supposed to be approaching the ledge? Anything where I wait too long or am far away, the opponent has a chance to set up a shine-spike (fox) or DAir (marth/falco), and I'm wondering if there's any way to ensure I can get the ledge (or at least an attempt at getting onstage) if I'm out of a jump.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I've been having a lot of trouble with recovering where I swear I'm at the right distance away, but then I get shined by fox or fsmashed/dtilt'ed by marth and I just have zero chance of recovering. I know there's a sweetspot distance for his double-jump, but whenever I upB I feel like the arm reaching up just extends my hurtbox enough to the point where I can't grab the ledge without getting hit.

Is Falcon's upB able to sweetspot ledges? if so, how am I supposed to be approaching the ledge? Anything where I wait too long or am far away, the opponent has a chance to set up a shine-spike (fox) or DAir (marth/falco), and I'm wondering if there's any way to ensure I can get the ledge (or at least an attempt at getting onstage) if I'm out of a jump.
He has an auto-sweetspot that is frame-perfect, but unless you are an android, his reverse Up-B would probably be his best option (since your hurtbox is slightly farther from the stage and is the closest to a true sweetspot). Also, his grabbing hitbox is near his crotch for Falcon Dive, so there is no way you could avoid a gimp if the other person has a spike and timed it well.

I also see a lot of Falcons recovering high because of this and using Falcon's falling speed and horizontal aerial speed to their advantage, which is useful for successfully navigating back to the stage. I personally do the DJ sweetspot, airdodge back on stage (if I'm close enough) or attempt recovering high and try to either ledge-cancel the recovery, get to the ledge, or just survive if neither of those options are safe.

Top Bottom