• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon training in 20xx discussion

Kati

Smash Lord
Hey hey,

Just got the 20xx training pack working. I'm planning on starting with shffls and gentlemen's on the infinite shield, but I'm wondering what other new options I can explore to help improve my Falcon game.

Coyle

Smash Cadet
Adding onto what protato said about single person melee: This mode can really help you refine your movement options (dash dancing, wave-dashing, wave-landing on/off stage/platforms, spectre-lands, moonwalking, invincible ledge-hop, hax dashing). Locking the camera can help sometimes since it'll be a bit shaky from only following you around. Turning on hitboxes will allow you to see if you're retaining your invincibility when ledge stalling and hax dashing.

Windrose

Smash Lord
practice tech chase regrabs like someone said above. getting spot dodge shined while attempting tech chase regrab is a pretty terrible feeling.

I found that turning on flash red for missed L-cancel really helped me understand my technical abilities for L-canceling different aerials. It might help for you too. I noticed that I was missing a lot of l-cancels in aerials that i wasn't expecting to miss on platforms. A lot of falcons aren't fast enough and this character isn't fun if you can't play him fast. See wizzrobe, gravy, s2j for examples on how to take advantage of his fast movement potentials. and part of that is being able to hit all the different scenarios with l-cancels. it's not just being able to shffl aerials.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh oops i mean, tech chasing. Are the techs, DI, and get up options really varied?

Coyle

Smash Cadet
oh oops i mean, tech chasing. Are the techs, DI, and get up options really varied?
Yes. Here's what Achilles1515 said on tech and DI from a throw:
...I force a "random" CPU joystick input as soon as P2 enters a "being hit" action state. When this happens, that one byte used for monitoring L/R presses is given a value of 0 as well, so they will tech if they hit the stage (or not tech on purpose if the parameters line up). For being u-thrown, there is a chance to do a hard left/right input or just random.
He's said in other posts that in general the DI is random, and that the CPU will sometimes vary the timing of its getup action. It's great.

smileee

Smash Rookie
i feel like movement is definitely the most important thing you can practice alone. other than that you can practice comboing due to the random di as well as tech chasing as others have said.

Top Bottom