• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Still *****

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, he still ***** stupid people. 99% of all of those things were easy to get out of.

Some of the combos looked flashy, though. Airdodging and even DI + aerials will negate most of them, though.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
well of course 99% of them could have been avoided or gotten out of, but they didn't, and thats why they got combod. It was their mistake, and I capitalized on it

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
well of course 99% of them could have been avoided or gotten out of, but they didn't, and thats why they got combod. It was their mistake, and I capitalized on it
agreed.

During a battle few would dare say they thought of everything during the match, its hard to if not impossible. Even the best of Melee players can look back on past matches and find things they did wrong. Everyone can and will make mistakes during a match, even something so simple as DI.

My point is, Brawl indeed doesn't have much for true combos anymore and thats why its so important to take advantage of mistakes. This can often lead to psuedo-combos but rarely true, inescapable strings. This however doesn't matter during the match or after, because the damage was done and the mistake(s) were seen by the opponent and used to their advantage.

Also remember, these 'combo' videos are out to make the character or player look good so of course they are going to show off many of the 'mistakes'. It is unlikely the entire matches looked like that but who would want to have clips of the bad stuff in their vid when they are trying to show off some skill? :p

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
i second that. yuna's just hating on your vid. it's not like your opponents dropped their controller... nice work, i wish it was longer, those are really good clips. i love the "force push" off the ledge at the beginning. good ****

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good bro. I'm not exactly familiar with the hit stun capability/combos for falcon, but from what I've seen so far it looks like your use of the character could have potential. I love to spike, so my only advice would be to add more of that into your future videos (1hit, 2hit, 3hit, spike = pwned)

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
i second that. yuna's just hating on your vid. it's not like your opponents dropped their controller... nice work, i wish it was longer, those are really good clips. i love the "force push" off the ledge at the beginning. good ****
try pulling off some of those "combos" against anyone who can think

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Falcon cannot ****, as to ****, the victim must not want it.
All kidding aside, I'm glad some people still have faith towards the Captain.
It's not like Melee where almost everyone abandoned Ness, Pika, and Kirby.

mthegreatone

Smash Cadet
the pressure can get the best of ppl...regardless how good a person can be. i agree all that matters is being able to exploit their mistakes.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Good stuff. Screw the haters. Every combo/montage Brawl video you see will have combos that could have been escaped, but they didn't and the player capitalized.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff. Screw the haters. Every combo/montage Brawl video you see will have combos that could have been escaped, but they didn't and the player capitalized.
**** straight, there's always some way to avoid being combo'd esp. in brawl, but the opponent either didn't think of it, simply didn't react quickly enough, or over thought it and reacted poorly. Either way, it's capitalizing...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Melee is a game where combo's are improvised on the fly.
I thought we all knew that already : )

And if there was anybody who never made mistakes, they would be 4 stocking people without receiving damage every time. The winner is the one who makes the least amount of mistakes, coupled with their ability to capitalize on their opponent's.

But that's been said several times now : P

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
The word of this thread is capitalize. Lol. I dare someone to say it again.

On Topic: didnt see the video, falcon isnt as good as he was, and if he could still **** intelligent players, then he wouldnt be placed on the bottom end of every tier list ever

orintemple

Smash Lord
CAPITALIZE

Nice vid, some of that stuf was sweet to watch. So what if this stuff isn't practical or even real combos, it is Falcon, give the guy a break.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
falcon.... doesn't ****, i'm sorry. some of that stuff was good, but and this is a big BUTT, he gets pounded in the butt by a huge portion of the cast...

lucario was in that vid right? lucario doesn't lose to falcon if the lucario knows what overB is.

falcon is the man, however he just... isn't good in this.

final note: falcon mains, keep maining him because he's your main, not because someone told you to stop playing him.

Top Bottom