• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Shield-Break Combos???

Dinn3r

Smash Rookie
NNID
Th34wesomeness
So with the addition of new shield stun there are several characters that have been found to have move strings that combo shield, forcing a shield break.

Could Falcon have one or more shield break combos as well? Currently not home right now but would love to see some testing to look into this.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nope, think about it, you can use 2 moves in a row (aerial and grounded move). Is there any combination that breaks shields?
The best thing Falcon has for breaking shields is jab into aerial Falcon Kick on shields that are already low, and that's not guaranteed.

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
I remember seeing on Twitter that you can dair, Raptor Boost, then knee someone's shield. I haven't tested it yet, but it also makes me wonder how good knee shield pressure could be in this game?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I don't think Falcon has any of that but if he has on it has to start with a frame synced (aka frame canceled) Dair or Fair into a Fsmash or Usmash.

I'll try testing some tonight but I don't have any expectations.

D

Deleted member 269706

Afraid I don't know of any real combos, but I have broken a few shields with decent pressure followed up by Fsmash. I've also seen Falcon Punch break shield a few times in game but there's literally nothing you can do to guarantee that it'll hit shield, let alone break it. If you have an opponent who does shield a lot, it's probably in your best interest to just go for grabs rather than going for a shield break. Unless you manage to break the shield relatively fast, you'll probably get more damage on your opponent through dthrow shenanigans than trying to break a shield.

Top Bottom